Thursday, December 9, 2021

Day 2, So Far So Good

 Day 2 of the experiment is going well. My resting heart rate is nearly normal and my energy level is up. Yesterday was one of the first days I have felt good since beginning this med. Hoping that the same experience is true for today. On Monday I could not talk myself into going to the road and picking up the trash cans. No energy and besides it was kind of raining. Tuesday morning before taking the new med, I went and got the trash cans without a problem, except I was racing our neighbor who has a dump truck for space on the road. He kindly waited for me to retrieve the cans. Tuesday evening Nancy the Neighbor called to check to see if I was okay. She was leaving for Pilates and thought she saw me on my hands and knees in the corner of our front yard. She came back around to check and called. No, not me but I did go out on the porch to see what she thought might have been me. It was our large portable hose cart. Yes, I do see the resemblance. I texted her and said you saw the hose cart we had moved it down a little more into the yard. She was apologizing saying, you don't look like a hose cart! Out here in the early morning or at dusk, heck even in the middle of the day, things look different than they seem. Tree stumps look like animals, a tire shred along the road looks like a dead dog or cat, big oak leaves look like small dead rodents...it is quite uncanny. As a joke I'm going to send a picture of Roy standing neat the cart and wish them a Merry Christmas from the Monarchs. She will get a kick out of that. 

It dawned on me yesterday that soon Roy and I will be entering the next phase of life, going to appointments together. Older couples that rely on one another to get them to and fro. I always noticed them in Houston and here. Mostly they were mad or impatient with one another and certainly I can see that happens. We all can't be our best every single day including performance days, you know days out in public. Once Roy knows his way around we can do the separate appointment thing. This dawned on me as I looked to make appointments at the DMV. Nothing is available in Asheville and the Marshall office is closed. We will have to traverse to another city to make appointments. Most of the available appointments are toward the end of January. The infrastructure hasn't caught up to the growth this area is experiencing and Covid hasn't helped cause the workforce doesn't seem to be enforce to want a job. Roy mentioned all the retirees moving here and I said, yea, we get one more next week. It took him a second, but he started laughing. Roy seems to be processing this life changing event well, slowly but well. Roy has never been one to dream of retirement days. When a co-worker was asked several years ago what he was going to do with all his time, the co-worker said, I am going to watch the grass grow. Roy could not think of anything worse than that. Let's just say I am enjoying my ease into the morning days while I can. Although Roy shocked me at Thanksgiving by having a few mornings like that himself. The insights into this change that Roy is seeing are worth listening to. When he told his personal trainer he was retiring, she has had a change in attitude toward him. Not much longer contributing to her payroll seems to have sparked an attitude. What's so ironic, Roy is a catalyst. When he began using the company gym, he brought many with him for training as well as spinning class. One thing that his trainer told him after he asked her to send his workout schedule to me, because of loosing his personal email address until he makes a new one, she said I control his life too much. What??? He just smiled and realized their gap of understanding of what he is trying to do has widened. Yes, that is my goal and dream to control Roy's life by making people email me. If she only knew that I have asked him to stop using my email for things he doesn't want to receive cause I don't want them either. Hahaha! The list is in excel and just that fact alone keeps me from looking at it. Roy will miss Toastmasters, he was an area director and very active in their club at work. There are two Toastmasters groups in the Asheville area and one meets in the day. I sure hope he likes the daytime group the best. 

Saw something strange at Ingles today. A well dressed man was let out of a car. He had a crossbody briefcase and a bag of trash. He put the whole bag of trash in the container in front of Ingles. He walked in and stood in the Starbucks line. What a strange thing to see. Almost like the suit, dress hat and such was a costume or a disguise. Again, this reminded me of a tennis friend from back in the day. Her husband had been an early developer of Houston and made quite a sizeable fortune. You'd never know it looking at her. She wore old frumpy tennis outfits, drove an old car and didn't draw any attention. She did this on purpose. She said no one would rob an old frumpy lady with a broken down looking car. 

Took more stuff to Habitat Thrift and then the trip to Ingles. Stopped at the Post Office and then made a quick trip into Tractor Supply. They had cat food so got some and the Feral Fam will be oh so happy. 

Blazey let me pet him this morning, without food being offered. Mr Biggio is back and greeted me enthusiastically, as well as Toupee. Tippy comes up with them but stays in the background. The happy wanderers who show up now and then haven't been around this week. I am sure they are still around. Saw KH this morning, yuck. 

No comments: