Monday, December 13, 2021

Monday, Sunny and Happy

 Today, I may spend a little more time outside because the highs this afternoon will be in the 60s. Joseph gets knocked down a lot in the nativity scene by either The Feral Fam or by every wind of doctrine...or maybe it's just the wind and as we boomers know, the answer is blowing in the wind. Only I haven't asked any questions. With the last statement I would say that day 3 experiment with the new med is working and I'm just about back to normal or as much of normal that is possible. 

Breakfast attendance this morning was rather sparse but gained participants once the food bowls clanged together. Junior made an appearance after a lengthy absence. Neither Mama Cat or Punky came around but they have been late risers of late. 

This morning I will begin to write out the lesson for Sunday. Who would have thought that Ezekiel would garner my interest. Well, God did but I've been dragging my feet a few weeks prior. 

**********

Sixty degrees this morning and Roy said the temps are falling in Houston. Our rain comes later this afternoon so hopefully, I will get back out to finish dead heading roses and getting things I cut back yesterday bagged up. I kept an eye out for any stray bulls and one of the big dogs that lives down the way. He got out the other day and his usual trek is across our front yard. By the look of things, strapping down Joseph has worked so far. I got out the trampoline anchors that I used this summer for the hammock stand in the front yard, secured the anchor and strap, and Joseph hooked up. Mary and Jesus are a little more protected. The project for next year is building or buying a little wood shelter for them. 

Roy has heard from several retired people from EPD. The CEO and several Vice Presidents. I love the affirmation from them acknowledging the contribution he has made over these past twenty two years. One said, you were always the voice of reason. Wow! Several current and former employees have homes up this way. Before meetings began those who come up here often talked about the mountains. They mostly have homes in Highlands, Brevard and Biltmore Forest. We have a home in a more rural area but I noticed yesterday that the long range hill in our view will probably be filled with houses by the end of 2022. When we began our house search in 2014, we wanted our home here to be totally different from our home in Rancho de Five. That included the setting. I looked at golf communities and even considered a gated community then realized, been there, done that. Well, not gated but it would just be moving to the same kind of place, with the same kind of residents and probably the same kind of HOA. 

*************

Monday morning, it's 23 outside but it looks to be a warmer type week during the afternoons. Maybe a warmer winter is God's mercy to Roy so he isn't totally in shock with the cold. No snow so far this year and several of us who walked into church using the same entrance commented on the woolly worm on the sidewalk that was totally brown. Folklore tale meaning a mild winter. 

I noticed on the way to church that the home that had displayed vintage tractors with lights on them in the past, had a tractor in their front yard. This brings me tidings of great joy in the hope that this year they will have the tractors decorated for Christmas. With all the road construction maybe that is why they didn't do a display last year, but happy so happy to see the hopeful beginnings of a display of tractors at Christmas. 

FB memories held a treasure trove this morning. Lots of good memories to look at and remember. 

There are chores to be done and Sunday School lessons to prepare for, oh and breakfast, I need to eat some breakfast. The Feral Fam has been fed though. It is so fun when Biggio is around. He runs to greet me at the backdoor with Toupee not far behind. Tippy comes with them but he remains a little distant. He will get close to Biggio and Toupee and kind of work his way to where I am petting them, but hasn't made that brave move to be petted. 

 

No comments: