Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Leave It Right Here

 Back in the saddle again, so to speak. First Sunday back teaching Sunday School since the first of September. Why not make a splash and start Ezekiel. Well, not my choice but Lifeways. I likened teaching from Ezekiel as to my mom when we'd take a Sunday afternoon drive as a family. Any stops along the way to see a point of interest, my mom would always say, can't we just see it from the car. That was my approach a couple of weeks ago, let's not go too deep but alas, I think we dove into the deep end this morning and we only covered the first three chapters. 

Yesterday was an absolutely fun day. I went to the Madison Christmas Market. So many new and diverse vendors. I didn't buy much because my Christmas list is much shorter this year and I have already bought gifts at the last market in the fall. I met up with Jan and Kari for some quick conversations and then headed toward Mars Hill. A few groceries at Ingles and then over to Burnsville. First stop Christy's crafts. Love her shop! We got to visit a few minutes and then drove back to downtown Burnsville where the end of a Christmas parade still lingered. Fun to see the floats, kids and tractors. When I got back to Weaverville, then end of the Christmas parade finished up. Once again floats, kids and tractors. I love living in a rural area. I needed to pick up a few things as Publix, on sale, so after that stop I was homeward bound. 

This morning the sky really looked like a winter one. The grays over the mountains and low clouds. It was a bit coolish after several days of afternoons of warm temps. 

****************

Roy worked really hard this weekend giving or throwing away and several trips to Goodwill. I am glad he is asking on some of this whether it should move here or go to trash or Goodwill. I rescued a couple things that would be nice to have here. Any kitchen utensil duplication is heading out the door and now that the bike is out of the way, he will begin the process of packing books. He wasn't going to keep a Bible Dictionary but I think I would be able to use it. What strikes me as funny, now, is the Pottery Barn explosion of shopping that happened for both Cinco Ranch house and a little bit here. Now, most of the Pottery Barn furnishings have moved on or will be used for a less than desirable reason up here. 

I didn't stay for big church but came home to listen to Carole Lewis's lesson on Zoom. They use the quarterly too but she said, Ezekiel in December, no way! Had to rub it in a little with her in a text message, well I had to teach....haha! Carole's lesson was so good and I'm glad I treated myself to Zoom Life Bible Study in Houston. 

**********

I was so tired yesterday. No energy and got very little done. Couldn't take a nap but rested. Hopefully, this is not a repeat today. Maybe before taking any meds, I should go get the trash cans while I have early morning energy. I'll wait till the sun rises cause we have one neighbor that drives too fast on our road, doesn't always pay attention. I did get the trash cans from the side of the road, whew! Our other neighbor that drives a huge dump truck started up his engines while I was on the way down to the road. He was warming up the truck, so I was able to get the cans and bring them back to the driveway before he started on his way to work. 

Roy ordered his retirement appreciation gift yesterday. We are both so excited that one of the choices was a spinning bike. He ordered it and it should be here by Christmas week. That's what he wanted for Christmas. He is getting things done at the condo to be able to make the trip home less stressful. He had his last eye dr checkup in Houston yesterday and to get established with a new dr, Roy asked me to make an appointment at my ophthalmologist's office for January. I laughed cause he will have to get used to the fact that it doesn't always work like that here. I need to look for the name of the Dr I saw cause it isn't on my calendar. I'll work on that today for Roy.

I love the movie Rebecca. I read an article about Dame Judith Anderson, the actress that played Mrs. Danvers. In the article I learned that eighteen years later Judith Anderson played Big Mama in Cat on A Hot Tin Roof. What a range! I think I will leave this post right here. 

No comments: