Monday, February 21, 2022

Progress

 

This morning as per usual, I go out to the garage and feed the Fam. It wasn't a full house, mainly the Quadros, four younger cats that are just about identical, and Charlie the orange kitten that showed up and has been accepted by the Fam. Punky, hissing and growling her way through breakfast being a little more feisty than usual, made me stop preparing and go a looking. At first, I thought this was Baby from a distance, only Baby has a black nose...and Baby is an alpha cat of the group, so he don't take nothin' from the other cats. At first the inclination was to think, is this HP? I knew it wasn't but as I watched him, I realized this possibly could be Bobbsey. I came inside and began looking through pics and low and behold, we have a match! Bobbsey is back, well back for breakfast at least. It will be interesting to see if he stays around today. By the looks of his white fur on his back legs, he is not a domestic cat because they are covered in the stains of red clay and mud. Yesterday, I thought about Hector Protector and the probability she won't return. Funny, rarely these days does she get a thought not because she's gone but because she had my heart and so different from all these Feral Family members. It prompts a huge loss feeling. So maybe Bobbsey is like John the Baptist and is preparing the way...for HP. Who knows, but there is joy this morning that there was a Bobbsey sighting, totally unexpected. 

Thunderstorms were forecasted last night and while we didn't hear thunder, the rain was rather hard for a little bit of time. This weekend is cool and sunny, then back to a rainy week ahead. This is making us rethink our appointment in Morganton. I have driven that freeway in the rain both light and hard and the consensus is this, it is not a fun drive...  Since we have a little more time on our side now, we can make this appointment adjustment. Just made the cancellation and a new appointment closer to home, but a little ways off date wise. 

Roy learns a little bit each week how living here is so very different than in Texas. I am trying to encourage him to think in patterns here. He is so used to not needing to have his cell phone with him in the mornings because his watch and phone synced. Now that he has an iPhone, his watch and phone somewhat communicate but not all together. He used to laugh at me when he was here for short periods of time when I discussed patterns and such. Funny, he doesn't laugh too much about that anymore because there it truth in the madness.  

This morning I got more good news approval wise, so that is awesome. I also slept really well last night and it is easier to stay asleep when things are on your mind. Then you pray and give it to the Lord and then a little later, you know, you take it back. Then give it back...it's a struggle. 

On this day back in 2011 we put a down payment on our lot and home in Cinco Ranch. Funny, because Roy never makes fast decisions, I didn't bring the checkbook. We beat out another couple for the lot by several seconds, then we had to drive back home, get the check and then get back out to CR to make it official. Oh, in 5:00 traffic. What a memory. 

***************

Just got home from church. Roy taught the lesson this morning because, I am not a good teacher when it comes to prophecy...too many details to remember and Roy is serious about learning prophecy, so it seemed like a good match made in heaven. Daniel 7 is a strong chapter. This week I haven't felt very good and it was a help not to have to study. He did very well this morning. I loved his approach as we began the lesson, Psalm 46:10... beyond the be still part where I usually stop with that and not give a lot of attention to the later part of the verse. Instead of getting into all the particulars of what every thing that is written in Daniel 7 and trying to guess what this and that symbolizes, we heard about the glory of God. It was very good and I am so thankful he is teaching this in my stead. 

Saturday, we headed over to Burnsville and then over to Christy's Crafts. Spring décor season in full swing. Bought a few things and then headed over to Erwin...Food City. They were having a great sale on things we use or eat often, so it was a good trip. Then as a treat, we went to The Farmer's Daughter. Delicious and our first time to sit in one of their booths. Ran into the Amish store for cinnamon raisin bread  and we started back home. It was a very fun Saturday with Roy. 

Roy finished up his last continuing education hours this week. The last four hours of required ethics class. He got that taken care of so now he'll get those required hours sent in. 

Scheduled maintenance for our recumbent bike is set for Tuesday morning and while the tech is here, he is going assemble and set up the spin bike Roy got from his former company as a retirement gift. Roy is very happy for that to happen. We needed to get stuff out of the house before getting it set up and since we are outsource people, we are especially happy. I don't think either one of us were looking forward to assembling that bike. 

I'm back to looking for a good read. I started a book and realized in the second chapter I had read this story before, different author, and knew how this was going to go. Off to the Goodwill box. If it was holding my interest I would have continued on. 

A Fam note, Bobbsey hasn't been back, just the two days, but as always that can change. While I was out in the garage getting cat food arranged and a couple of shelves at least useable for storage, I took out a few minutes to play with Sweetie and Toupee with the kids fishing rod. Always fun to watch them chase the feather lure. 

No comments: