Thursday, February 17, 2022

Approval and Progress

 Hallelujah! Approval has come! The big three things on my mind have taken a backseat this morning and for this I give thanks! What a wonderful Valentine gift to discover checking in online while eating toast. For the past few months we have checked about twice a week, with little to no results. Last week we talked with someone who pointed us in the direction we needed to go and we felt this might result in the process that began in November to finally arrive at the correct destination. They approved it all on the 14th so this is why it is a Happy, Most Happy, Valentine's Day. 

I was feeling so spritely that while Roy was on a Zoom Toastmaster meeting, I moved furniture. We have had it stacked up in the dining room since the first of the years as we thought about, then forgot about and then made plans for it just to postpone plans. I kept trying to figure out how we could use one of the chairs from the living room. Nothing seemed to work except yesterday, I began thinking on a new set up. Moved two chairs to the front porch, not for sitting but for loading up later to take to Habitat for Humanity. Then began the rearranging. By the time Roy came downstairs from his meeting, I had it all done. He was none to pleased with the fact I had done this alone but he was kind of relieved he hadn't had to be a part of all the moving. Really, it works out because I am a little more efficient in this kind of thing and he makes more work. Once he was off his call, we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...Hills...I mean over to Habitat. Then Big Lots and finally Publix. Yes, a big day with approval, chair moving and shopping. 

This morning I feel as if I have been run over by a truck...not a cute decorative truck, but a full on working type. Shoulders and arms are sore...wonder why? Oh yes, ran over by overstuffed living room chairs. I also slept on my back a little last night and I hardly ever do that, so a bit of a crick in the neck. Today, clean off the dining room table which collects everything in the free world on it. Second, the kitchen table that collects everything only second in the free world. When one doesn't know what to do with something? Put it on the table. We both need to break that bad habit. 

Tackled one box yesterday. Threw out several things that yes, once again, I have packed up for several moves. Then, there was room for several Christmas wreaths my mom had made us. She was such a talented seamstress. Throughout all the box rummaging, several different outfits she made for Barbie are still hanging around. How anyone can be that patient to sew such tiny items? 

It feels really cold out this afternoon with the wind blowing and the sun going in and out of the clouds. We were planning on looking at fruit trees but no way to get blown about and then try to warm up. We will table that trip for another day. 

I made a huge dent in cleaning off the dining room table. After lunch I kind of lost interest in doing that and frankly, didn't do too much this afternoon. 


No comments: