Saturday, December 16, 2023

Embellished Tales and New Members of the Feral Fam, Maybe

 If I hadn't earned my old lady papers yet, I surely earned them this morning. I had come downstairs to do a couple of things in the kitchen. Please don't faint. Anyway, I looked out the window and saw a young woman running on the gravel road. She didn't have on jogging clothes. Soon enough I could hear a hunting dog baying. Mr Mo was in the window making loud chirping sounds. Looked out the front window and there was the young lady trying to catch this dog. He had Fido treed in the firs between our house and Josh's. Good thing my flannels matched today. Have on jeans, my Baylor Christmas shirt and a Christmassy flannel shirt. Threw on my muck boots and my puffer vest, without brushing my hair or my teeth for that matter. Got a dish from The Garage on the Catmore Estate, put chicken cat food along with some dry food and headed toward the front yard. The dog was barking and running around and the young woman looked to be at her wits end as she begins apologizing for all the ruckus. I held out the bowl of food and Maggie, but I didn't know the dog's name at the time, came running towards me, friendly and ready for some grub. I grabbed her collar while Danielle made her way up the steps. We got a quick visit in. Her daughter just had a baby and the dog was Grandma's responsibility. She had been chasing Maggie for an hour and a half. I apologized for my appearance cause it is always good to let the young people know you know how you look so they don't have pity on you and then say bless your heart. Oh and see is the youngest grandma I have ever seen. 

I tried this serum last night on my hair. Yes, thinning hair is making my forehead seem to grow overnight. I remember Aunt Amy and while I loved her so much, I don't really want thinning hair and forehead to just stand out. So, you put it one and massage into your scalp. Then wait twenty minutes and wash your hair. I like the fragrance. You do this 2-3 times a week for the best results. I am awaiting those best results with just one application in.  

**********

Yes, I remember when we had to have our new router shipped to us. It finally came the next day after ordering. We walked five miles in snow to pick it up at the end of our driveway. We only had our electric lights for Roy to replace the new with the old. We ate pinto beans and cornbread to give us strength. This is when Little Orphan Annie came to our house to stay. To wash the cups and saucers and brush the crumbs away. And all us other children when the supper things was done, would sit around the fire and have the mostest fun. Listening to the witch tales that Annie told about and the goblins are gonna get cha if ya don't watch out. Well, I am working on my embellished story of living in the twentieth century for a couple of days before happily arriving back to the twenty first century. No time travel, wouldn't be possible anyway cause our Wi-Fi and internet not working or barely working. After hours on the phone and hours working on the replacement, we were back in business except we weren't. Something was still wrong. Back on the phone as well as ordering a new connector or cable or something...I didn't pay attention. That solved the buffering and outage problem. Speeds so fast, sugar plums were dancing in Roy's head. He was so excited after testing each TV and computer at the speed. In between our lives between centuries I was able to get the Amex payment scheduled. Also the auto ship delivery of Chewy. Whew! Taking care of those important things. 

This morning we were getting things in the ready position and that always takes so much energy. Doing those things you should have done several days ago, but well...things happening and...okay, I read, napped, played and shopped... Anyway, Roy got out the door with the stuff needing to be mailed. I got a roast started and paid the post office box rental. That was kind of weird. My account had been disabled so I did the next best thing, called the US Postal Service. After the fiasco from yesterday's cancelling our SiriusXM service in the truck, I wasn't going to do the text thing again. It was offered and I just said no. The PO got everything taken care of and I was happy to do the survey at the end of the call. This is what I loved, they give an option of what type of hold music you'd like to listen to. I picked holiday. It was rather nice. 

Well, I need to quit going into the kitchen. It is the number one place to have an accident in the home. I looked out the window and there, right in front of me is a kitten, about six weeks old, that looks like Blazey only the blaze on its face is opposite of his. I'm looking around to see if there are anymore. So far none. The baby was in the garage when I then went out there but quickly ran out. I can only think that Camo once again has abandoned a baby here, knowing it will be taken care of. She has been around a lot lately. She did this with Charlie several years ago. Before that she dropped off Strawyer and Punky. 

Thursday evening the lights flickered and then flickered again. Usually that is a sign that a tree has fallen on power lines or that a vehicle has hit a pole. Neither one of those were the case. A small plane landed on I-26 near the airport and burst into flames upon landing. Both people in the plane got out. On the way to landing though they took out a major power line. I read where the lights flickered far and wide in the area even up to Erwin TN. The freeway closed down of course and the time to reopen kept getting pushed out farther. We saw the traffic and knew we would not make it to Roy's doctor appointment on time. Called their office and made a U on 26 going the opposite direction. We headed for Troyer's. We had preordered Amish ground beef, no hormones or artificial feeding. We got there and the huge crowd had not arrived yet. We were able to do a little more shopping, other than the beef, without too much fuss. Roy got some muscadine apple cider. We got a sample taste. It tastes like communion juice. Got the Pennsylvania Christmas cookies and a few other things. You know, grocery shopping, you know the prices are higher but you don't pay too much attention to that cause it is just life but we haven't "shopped" Troyer's with the exception of ordering peaches in the summer. I really noticed the prices and how much they have gone up. Not unreasonable, but the Christmas cookies were $9.00 the last time I bought them and now they are $14.00. Their chex mix is also higher. I am not complaining just an insight into how much the prices of things increases without a blip on the radar. That didn't stop us from buying snacks.

I still have more to write but I will close out this post with this thought...the one kitten? I know more on that situation. This afternoon Camo sat and watched her three kittens play and play and play. A couple of the last liter of kittens were quite interested in these three. Their colors? Two Camo types and the black and white. Guess one of the fathers was the orange cat that we didn't know, who was hit crossing the street. Those two Camo types are most likely females. Roy said this morning Camo was playing out back with one of the tunnels, very unlike her, unless there are kittens involved. Dena said Camo knows where to spend Christmas, you get fed, warmth and beds in The Garage on the Catmore Estate and treats. Don't know about Christmas presents yet. 


No comments: