Friday, December 8, 2023

Study, Play or Nap

 A great way to begin the week, hair cut and six month dentist appointment. It has been quite sometime that I haven't spent a majority of time in the dentist office. I think this is my fourth straight appointment without immediate concerns. Hmmm...I kind of like this. 

The higher elevations received snow overnight but we are at the elevation this is getting freezing drizzle, that is not sticking because the temps are above freezing. We opened up The Garage of the Catmore Estate yesterday evening. Tonight we are in the 20s but a good and gradual warmup begins tomorrow. GMoey has an appointment this afternoon with the vet. It might be time to take care of his stomatitis. 

We don't have snow but sleet is falling. No bleak mid winter song about sleet, but maybe there should be. We've had a couple of rounds of sleet and the sky right now looks like a snow sky. 

*********

I read a Christmas devo Sunday morning. Only it wasn't the one for the day assigned. I know that Christmas devos are building toward December 25th. The one I chose for this year goes through Epiphany. This particular devotion book is not so much inspirational nor is it comprised of teaching points. It is not the turning of a familiar quote by changing up word order and claiming it as the author's own. Nope, this is one of those kinds of devotions that stops you from what you are doing and meditate on the scripture as well as the author's thoughts and writings. I used a few of the thoughts in the lesson on Sunday, but I bogged down in it. The whole lesson felt bogged down and thus I quit on the way home in the car. That's the thing, what might have been for me wasn't really for a Sunday School lesson. It did not help that last week I read several good articles on dealing with a narcissist. Nothing really revealing from dealing with one so many years, yet it was. The author took time to go into the minutia of the deep emotional whys. It seems with all that reading the lesson accidently took a direction, using Psalm 107 that just wasn't right for Sunday. Thus, quitting on Sunday afternoon in the car on the way home from church. On Sunday, I will apologize and not pick up where I left off. We will go in a different direction. 

In the process of shutting down The Garage on the Catmore Estate last week, we took the time to do a little bit of sorting and such. The weird cot went to Good Will. I found boxes of Christmas stuff that I had forgotten all about. Last year I made the fake fireplace with candles and greenery of the fake sort. This year there are too many books to sort through and find a home for to mess with the fake fireplace. Somewhere out there are the little fake battery operated candle sticks for the window. No tree this year, neither fake nor real cause the immaturity of some of our household will not let us have one. Hopefully by next year maturity will set in. Buddy was not interested in Christmas trees one little bit. She might sleep under it but that was the extent of holiday spirit for her.

GMoey will have surgery in February to remove his teeth. His stomatitis has worsened, thus the extraction is necessary. For many reasons I am thankful for finding the Penny the talking cat reels on FB and then on YouTube. After being in a huge brain fog for over a year, with no attention span for watching or reading, those cute videos brought me out of the fog. Now along with that, Penny had to have her teeth extracted this year over the same thing. The vet who is doing the surgery has two cats at home with extracted teeth and says they are doing fine. At lunch today Roy and I rewatched the episode of the teeth extraction. Since the subject seems to be cats, I will say, had a scare today with Cha Nay Nay. On our area/neighborhood/rural community group on FB a pic of a calico cat on the side of the road, near us was posted. I went out to the garage and she was all curled into one of the cubbies we have for them out there. I was so glad to see her cause it was a very close likeness. 

*******

Roy's doctor appointment is rescheduled from today to next week. Since we were up we decided to take advantage of the Plus Sam's membership and go early. Wow, that makes the extra dollars so worth it. We consider from time to time dropping Costco but dang, I like Costco a lot. All the extra road construction in SC has deterred our trips. We made that quick Sam's run and returned home in about an hour and ten minutes. 

Think I got the mix up settled and fixed with my pass holder card for Biltmore. I went ahead and renewed because I got a better price. Was $299 then they marked it $229 but I got it for $139. I don't think Roy is renewing his. I did just in case someone comes to visit and spring is rather beautiful there. 

Well, off to study or play then study or nap, then study. Oh it's Friday, still have Saturday to study or play or nap..... 

  


No comments: