Saturday, December 23, 2023

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

 Good Friday morning! We welcome not such chilly temps with a little warm up this afternoon. The Garage at the Catmore Estate basically is on a pause till next week when temps drop again at night. The littlest cats enjoy a nap or two in the garage so we will accommodate them cause they know how to leave and not hide behind stuff out of fear. 

This morning I looked through pics from FB memories, probably about thirteen years ago when we first moved to Rancho de Five. Close by, a neighborhood had fantastic Christmas lights, some coordinated with music but all lavish productions. Sight and sounds that overwhelm the senses but now looking at some of the pics, there in a corner of a yard with lighted trees, reindeers, Santas and Snoopy, was the nativity. A spotlight, rather small in nature, dedicated to the display drew attention but only if you were looking. Now this is nothing new and thousands of Christmas devotionals, thoughts and blogs have been written on looking for Christ in Christmas when our attention and distraction causes us to gaze at bright lights and all that goes along with yard and neighborhood decorations. Or distracted by chaos, comparison and competition. Look at me being all Baptist using alteration and three points. Some years that nativity is front and center for us, so welcoming, a great reminder of the gift and the Giver. 

As I have been working on the lesson for Sunday is certainly is in a fluid state. Kind of thought it would go one direction but went another way totally. Even this morning it has changed and is developing. I do love when this happens but I also don't like when it happens cause the closer to Sunday I feel sometimes the less familiar I will be with my notes. Although sometimes, it works out for the best. Leaving it to The Lord is all I have to write, right now. 

I don't know that I have wrestled with an angel like Jacob, but my hip surely hurts like Jacob's did and I am walking with a limp. Unlike Jacob, I don't want to walk with a limp the rest of my life. Why has it been hurting this week? Haven't a clue. Sometimes Bio Freeze helps and sometimes it doesn't. When I move around asleep, believe my I am not a still sleeper, I awake from the dull throb of pain. It's the hip that was replaced and I expect it to behave better than this. 

Our Christmas lunch will have a touch of southern dishes and an entree of Texas. We were given Taste of Texas fillets this year and yes, we will grill them in a cast iron pan. Served with blue cheese butter. For this we give thanks. We will also have pecan praline sweet potatoes and green bean casserole. I'm not a big fan but Roy loves green bean casserole. 

Fido came in for a bit. All The Boys were around Fido in the bonus room. Only Mr Mo hissed and there isn't any surprise about that. Fido was happy to lie in the window and watch his family on the driveway or over in the garden. He is such an easy cat. This evening GMoey spent a long nap on my lap and would still be there except that Mr Mo decided to start a wrestling match and I don't play when two cats take swipes. It is a lot of fun until someone gets hurt and it is usually me. 

Came across several pics from ten years ago when we came here for Christmas. Our room didn't have a great view but it was huge and besides there are a lot of views elsewhere. I think that is when we began the conversation of buying something here. After several years of recovering from all that heart stuff, when I could climb that trail across from the Inn, without incident it seems that is when Roy got to thinking about my health and how I did so much better here. That was a great stay. The Christmas stay includes dinner in the dining room and a buffet dinner using their meeting rooms. I asked if we could do the buffet both nights. They were hesitant but once they heard Roy had fancy dinners often, they decided to accommodate our request. It wasn't cause we wanted to eat a ton, it was more like food we really liked to eat. In 2019 we ate Christmas dinner at the Deer Park on the Estate. That was the last time Roy consumed a tremendous amount of ice cream and caramel sauce. He gave the dipper and saucer tips since he went back so many times. It snowed on Christmas in 2010, our first Christmas trip. Now these are some joyous Christmas memories for many reasons. 

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments: