Saturday, August 7, 2021

Happy Saturday!

Truly wonderful getting a really good nights sleep last night. Only one wakeup call from Buddy around 1:30 am and before that and after that, she slept. What a wonderful gift from her. We both celebrated birthdays on Wednesday. This morning I had my first apple cider donut of the season. Yum! I'm usually at Barbers on opening day but it fell on a Saturday...I've been there on Saturdays before when it wasn't opening day...so, for this I could be patient. I went there after going to pick up sunglasses and then over to see Audrey to order some everyday glasses. Found such a fun pair of frames. Glasses will not be my last bastion of fashion, if I even have fashion these days, but I am not opposed to unusual or fun glasses. Unless someone else has to pick my glasses for me when I am old and gray,er, you will not see me in big red framed glasses or the like. 

This is a mix of blog posts so nothing is in order. Not something new to experience on the Monablog. Kind has been my thought process this past month...out of order and nothing new to see here. Probably so much is due to me missing Hector Protector. Yesterday marked one month since she disappeared. I am also sad over Junioretta and her little ones. I have tried to help them but I am feeling that they might not be long for this world. Too tiny to almost be five weeks old. 

 Tuesday night afib showed up like bad company right before going to bed. It wasn't a bad case but it felt like the kind of afib that will calm down on its own. It did, but it sure took its time about getting back in rhythm. I've kind of been expecting it to show up. The past few weeks have been rather stressful as well as getting so hot on Sunday, the two biggies for afib to rear its ugly head. This morning I am zonked, feeling physically tired from the wear and tear of last night. Feels like another good day to stay around the house and rest up. Last night while trying to think calming thoughts, praying and remembering scripture, sometimes those three things would make a turn down a rabbit trail, that wasn't especially calming. I'd have to pull myself out of the rabbit hole, and start back with praying and remembering scripture. Had my antidotal pill ready but only like to take that when the afib is really, really bad. 

Today is the youngest I will be for the next year, from today that is. Even with a pandemic lurking about, sixty six has not been bad. Well, it has been quite good, actually. Probably some of the best checkups and dental health, extended implant into the new year for insurance benefits. My eyesight has changed very little and maintained. That is always welcomed news.  

Against the odds, I think little old Buddy is going to make it to her 16th birthday tomorrow. I loved seeing her yesterday after toddling around, not wanting to make a jump to being on the back porch, on the mini trampoline, trying to jump up and catch the ceiling fan. Guess even cats give energy to what they want to do as opposed to what seems like a chore. 

*************

Biggio is back after being gone all week. He always comes back hungry but gives that great greeting when I come out of the back door. Got the kiddos fed, Buddy has been fed and treated. Need to finish up the fine points of the lesson tomorrow and then I need to pick up a few things around the house. Next week I will make a trip to Goodwill with books and a few tshirts. The kitchen table has study books and notebooks scattered about and I haven't put up the things I got at Big Lots yesterday. I do love me a coupon and cheap fall decorations. 

Pure joy returning home from the post office. Lisa sent pralines and a few other goodies for my BD. Also had several cards. Roy sent two cards and they both cracked me up. I was in the truck and that small parking lot with a big truck is always an adventure. The Alexander post office has great hours and if I worked for the post office, this is where I would like to be stationed. 8:00-11:30 then closed two hours for lunch, open up at 1:30 and close at 4:15. There was a lady in the lobby who didn't quite think the hours of the post office were to her liking. She was throwing a fit to herself, well it really wasn't to herself because it was out loud. 

Had a wonderful birthday breakfast at Brenda's. She outdid herself in fixing deliciousness. I was also the happy recipient of breakfast to go for Thursday. Yum! We had such a good time catching up. With the Covid year and things that keep us busy in life, we haven't had the chance for many opportunities to catch up with one another. 

Well, these things around here aren't going to get done if I don't get moving. Happy Saturday! 


No comments: