Monday, November 15, 2021

Here's To Living Afib and Brain Fog Free

 It is 25 degrees and frost on the fields this morning. I covered the blackberry bushes, twice. The cats seem to think that is a play surface for them. Last night I told Roy we need to pray that the covering does the job good enough in the messed up position the cats left it in. If I tried to fix it for a third time the end result would be the same, so staying inside and warm was the better choice. Biggio is back after a two day bender. The discovery of a warm corner came to some of the most stubborn of the Feral Fam last night. Sadly, I think one of the two kittens of Mama Cat is no longer with us. I saw them both yesterday morning and for the rest of the day just the one sticking very close to Mama Cat. With them both being so identical in looks, it's hard to say but we will see what today holds in kitten sightings. Have a 50/50 record on these kinds of guesses. 

One of the lay low cause of pandemic concerns traditions on Sunday mornings is a big breakfast, a Roy breakfast except oatmeal is not involved. This tradition might have to go to Saturdays once I get back to teaching, but this morning it was scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, strawberries and coffee. It was simply delicious. The first few weeks of apple cider donut season are difficult and I realized there were too many apple cider donuts making their way home and into a breakfast routine. I stopped it. Several weeks later I began that whole afib thing and wondered if the weight gain and the donuts had something to do with afib raising its ugly head, along with stress and the added weeks of warmer type temps. This summer I had the routine of the largest meal of the day at lunchtime, no caffeine after 2:00pm, limited sweets and before 5:00pm. I also began drinking more water because lack of hydration can put one into afib. It's a process and the joy of not being in it constantly is wonderful. Also beginning in the summer I experienced a brain fog like no others. It hasn't been but a couple of weeks that I feel like my brain is back to my normal. I've finished two books, watched a few videos and retained the knowledge or laughs there-in. It was a struggle and the only way I knew how to address it was, calling it being 'so distracted.' There were nights that I questioned if I might be on the verge of a stroke or if dementia had kicked in. Probably the disappearance of HP and the knowledge that Buddy's time here was getting shorter by the day contributed. There were potential health issues with Roy that were not resolved, happily I might add, till this month. A potential trip to Houston was always in the mix and going into that heat wasn't anything very welcoming. When my brother and family were here I wanted to get Publix street tacos for a meal and not being able to find any, my brain shut down. I could not think of anything pertaining to meals. Meal prep is not a strength, but this totally stopped any thinking process in it. Maybe the surge then sudden stop of carbs affected my serotonin levels but the brain fog was real and a difficult time. So here is to living afib and brain fog free. 

********

No sightings of the second kitten. This morning Blazey let me pet him again. The opportunities come when there is food involved. Biggio is out and about, but Toupee meets me at the door when he is not around. Junior didn't hiss good morning to me. I really want to call him Oscar cause he is such a grouch. Some of the outdoor toys have been destroyed by The Fam and the weather. Got a couple of new ones for them and left the toys in the garage. It is so fun to hear all the playing while getting breakfast served up to a meowy crowd who isn't very patient. 

Yesterday, the Dr sent via patient portal the results of my tests on Thursday. I skip over the medical vocabulary words and go to the give it to me straight Dr words. For an elderly woman...ugh, I know I am one but don't see myself as one, I'm doing okay. I looked at the readings from the nuclear stress test and started laughing. For the most part it all looked the same to my non professional eyes, but then there is a line that looks like...well, you know how you can start out writing and it's all neat and looks nice but then you get tired and kind of scribble the words, well there was one line of that and it struck me as funny. 

The kitten is still with us. He or she sat in its spot on the shelve. A couple of weeks ago I added a flannel pj top to help it keep warm.


No comments: