Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Brilliant and Radiant, Weary and Worn

 Good Sunday morning! After a restless night, with a little afib, and a brain that didn't want to settle into nighty night time, I watched a lot of west coast football to be lulled into sleep. Sleep finally came and I was thankful. 

I was a little less active yesterday because college football was enjoyable to watch. Baylor played well and beat Texas. It is a relief to also watch games you have no real interest in, just watching good football or in the case of some games, bad football, with no emotional tie in, is sometimes a welcomed diversion. 

Biggio is back and Toupee showed up this morning famished. She missed supper last night, something she rarely misses. Watching her trot over to her spot brought joy. Junior while late for supper was early for breakfast this morning. This week I discovered that Mama Cat has a kitten. A small little balled up kitten when I first happened upon it. I don't know if there were other siblings but now just this one. Mama Cat has always been an eat and run kind of gal. She didn't take the invitation to the tent, heated cat houses or the corner of the garage in the past but she has been a resident this week of the friendly confines of the garage. When Riley came to the garage and didn't leave for a week, the vet told us that Riley must have experienced a trauma that pushed her into the choice of taking a chance with a human. Mama Cat must have experienced trauma with her litter to bring her one little kitty into the garage for safety. She and Punky have a love/hate relationship. One moment they love each other, that turns to staring and growling that low sound that mad cats can make and then one of them takes a swipe at the other. 

I couldn't take it any longer and turned on the HVAC heater last night. The chill in the house needed to be neutralized. Didn't make it to the November date but being warm was just too tempting. The little fireplace heater did a good job in the bonus room, but a little nervous about how long it can run safely. Takes some getting used to, the noises of winter. The heater sounds different than the AC. I need to write down what those normal noises mean as not to be surprised with them. The coming week holds even chillier temperatures and that makes me happy. Cooler temps make it easier for me with afib even when the fib and flutter is in and out. 

This week I read Proverbs 8:17. 

“I love those who love me; And those who seek me early and diligently will find me.

Not huge fan of the early, as in early morning. My quiet times in the early are not as nearly attentive as maybe mid morning is. Sometimes when we are singing Holy, Holy, Holy, I sing softly the words 🎵early in mid morning my song shall rise to Thee.🎵 This week I read the verse differently. I am sure all the biblical scholars would be happy to tell me that I am reading this wrong but it spoke to me. Seek me early always seems to apply to the morning time, but I read it this week as in a circumstance, a decision, in a good season, in a waiting season, a mad season or wherever we are in our journeys, if we seek God early in the timeline, if we seek diligently, we will find Him. He isn't hiding or playing a game with us. My friend Sandy shared an article on seeking God and the promise therein is you and I will find Him. Sometimes in the past, when it came to decisions or circumstances, Roy and I searched in the middle of everything, when our ideas or plans didn't play out like we had hoped. I am looking at this now and know, it is much better in the early part of something to seek God early, often and diligently. So for the now, early is not morning, early is at the beginning or before the beginning of a time, and early on, looking and trusting God, we will find Him. And when we seek God, we know His will. All through life we are saying we want to know Your will oh God. He gives us His will answer in Isaiah 40:32

"but those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." There we have it, God's will.

Seek Him early, we will never be disappointed if we do so. 

************

After several days at home and with the warmest temps of the week, I decided to get out Monday morning to drive a bit and look at the fall foliage. I was not disappointed. The trees were the greenest this spring and summer and I hoped that all the green would translate well into fall leaf colors. With the temps being cooler, the hues of autumn are bursting forth. I drove in and around WNC and into TN. The leaves radiated whenever the sunlight hit them, just right. There are still bright reds but some of the reddish hue is turning into a rust color. Barns are filled with hay rolls and fields are filled with the remnants of summer, the worn and weary corn stalks. A few fields of tomatoes were still producing but with the cold temps of the weekend lingering in our minds, workers were busy picking but the U pick fields, they weren't busy at all. I decided to ride in silence because the chance of getting a speeding ticket goes up with music. I was already lost in the scenery but to add music... The silence doesn't bother me though. As I get older the more silence there is, well that is welcomed. 

Roy gets a commodity weather forecast that is rather detailed. He mentioned the low temps coming over the weekend. It is time to replace our covers for the outdoor water faucets and he encouraged me to go early yesterday. Instead, I went Sunday evening, not as busy and only three covers left in the display. They have more, just needed to restock. I was talking with our neighbor late yesterday afternoon and they are preparing the barns for the horses and the cold temps. I kind of got the feeling that once their daughter either looses the love of horses or goes to college, they might sell. She said they are not emotionally invested in the place which is different than what she said earlier this year. The next time I see her, I need to ask if they will give us a bit of a warning, if they do plan to sell. They have about eight acres with training rings and barns, but it would be ideal for a developer to come in. Ugh! 

 Waiting for the off and on rain, drizzle to end and waiting for just a bit of a warmup in temps before going outside and doing the last spray for ticks and fleas and getting the flowerbeds ready for winter. I also have a few bulbs to plant in the tulip and daffodil beds. 




No comments: