Friday, November 5, 2021

Right Now It Is All About Fresh Market

 The later one waits to go to The Fresh Market, the opportunity for adventure increases, especially on Thursdays when it is $5.00 rotisserie chicken, pizza and now shrimp cocktail available for the low price. Recently, I have made the trip but much earlier than I did today. The parking lot and store filled with former New Yorkers or at least people who look like former New Yorkers. How could I tell? Well, the crusty look of the men with stocking caps, a windbreaker and abruptness. The women are usually rather gaunt and as I have written before, gaunt ages you out pretty quickly. Probably, it could be, New Yorkers via Florida landing in North Carolina. Everything was up for grabs this afternoon. They were making more pizza but I scored the last veggie pizza in the case. I got the last two shrimp cocktails, they were making up new batches. The crusty man who became the bane of my existence and I probably to him, said so loudly, you took the last two! I was willing to part with one and I asked him, how many do you need? Five, maybe seven. Well, he was just going to have to wait because handing over one wasn't going to help. He went over to the wine area and began loading up his Fresh Market bag. No problem with me there, that's for sure. Homestead Dairy has their seasonal eggnog and dairy crème available. Eggnog, is more of a December thing for me but dairy crème, that surely can be a start out to November. I am sure it is full of a million calories. A little bit goes a long ways and usually I end up spiking the Feral Fam's milk with it and they absolutely go bonkers over it.  I remembered to bring back the glass milk bottles today, so $8.00 off the total of groceries. They had the white peppermint choc that I love and also bought some hot chocky, milk choc, dark choc and creamy bourbon. I don't drink bourbon but I do like the taste of it. So, we shall see. I had to buy the gift set to get the creamy bourbon kind. There wasn't any individual cans of it like the other flavors. That is just sad. While checking out, I chose the line with the new employee, think it was her first day. Bless her, she was trying that's for sure. We got it all sorted out and had a delightful conversation in the meantime. The crusty New York man and his gaunt wife had parked next to me. They were not very observant in their getting into their car, a BMW. I had already had two encounters with BMWs on the way to the store. I am not getting a ticket so you can go faster and tail gating me doesn't speed me up, nor does it slow me down, I just maintain. I so wanted to get out of the space before they did cause I don't know that they would have looked before backing out. A funny thing happened in the parking lot. I am wearing a flannel shirt today that is a long version, guess a duster of sorts. This very short woman told me she loved my shirt and I said Duluth Traders, 20% off. This shirt would be a dress on her and she said, I love the length because I can be incontinent and the shirt would hide that. Uh, yes, I guess so. Never thought about that. Note to self, go earlier to Fresh Market if you're going on a Thursday. 

Christmas music is now playing at FM. What is kind of fun is to hear and also participate in humming or singing softly, those familiar words with fellow shoppers while looking at the produce section. I heard an interesting question yesterday. A lady asked a young FM employee where the crumpets were located. He said, I don't even know what a crumpet is. I had to think about it myself...yep, it is a fancy English muffin, I think and you have it with tea according to nursery rhymes. Bought some FM Christmas Coffee too. I hope they do gingerbread men this year. 

I am wearing a pair of flannel lined jeans and they are the bomb-digity! They are a little big so I am having to wear a belt. Warmth and cozy comfort. If they go on sale, I might get another pair and try the next size down. 

***********

We are welcoming another overcast day here. That's fine with me as overcast days don't bother me. No afib last night or early this morning, so I am thrilled with an overcast day. No crippling exhaustion even before the day begins. Had to get through that yesterday thus the later trip to Fresh Market. We will have a rather cold spell over the weekend but 60 degree and higher is forecasted for next week. Doesn't matter cause I can still wear flannel. 

I am wrapping up The Fortunate Ones, took a couple of turns I wasn't expecting but I have enjoyed reading this book and hopefully the next book to read will be just as interesting. I got some extra time to read due to the Roku going out yesterday. Normally, the TV isn't on much during the day but eating a late lunch and FXX airing King of The Hill in the afternoons, I sometimes watch while eating. When I normally don't watch, I have no idea that it is out but all of the sudden with the remote trying to sync with whatever it is trying to link to, I wanted, no needed to watch TV. Strange how that happens. 

Roy ran his Toastmaster speech tournament last night, all on Zoom. I am so proud of him and all the work he put into making it happen. He sounded exhausted last night yet he had some funny stories to tell. I love that he enjoys and has done so well in Toastmasters. 

Living in Atlanta Braves country and being an Astros fan hasn't been difficult. What I watched of the series was good and Atlanta isn't the Dodgers or the Red Sox, so that's good. It has been dodging the news and seeing the celebrations. You know they won but don't want to be reminded of it while trying to get a weather forecast. I am thrilled and happy for my friends here who are Braves fans. 





No comments: