Saturday, October 22, 2022

Low Residue

 Roy is upstairs defrosting after taking Mr Mo to the vet for an ear problem. Now, they are both home. G Mo was pretty much my shadow while Mr Mo was out and about. Although I was trying to unload the dishwasher and such, he wasn't too much help. It didn't warm up Roy telling him it didn't get as cold as forecasted but watching the market, drinking hot tea and two cats on his lap should help the situation. 

******

This morning it did get as cold as forecasted. When we woke up it was 27, so I went back to bed while Roy stoically got up to begin the day. Think we are on the upside now temp wise and should go back to seasonal temps. That electric blanket sure felt good last night. 

Today is the kind of official beginning of the low residue diet for the next few days. So, the love of eating an apple in the afternoon will have to wait for several days. Truthfully, the low residue diet surely was my choice of eating while in my 20s to mid 30s. Lots of refined, processed food heavy on the carbs. Told Roy my serotonin levels will rise and I will be in a good mood over the weekend. The gastro office called yesterday to remind me when to stop taking Pradaxa and I took the opportunity to ask a couple more questions. Did some research into the low residue foods, so it is looking like white bread, pasta, mild cheese, bacon, meat and fish are in order but while I can still drink Diet Cokes, the Sunkist Zero Orange drink is out. We got some zero sugar ginger ale to sub in and of course we always have Dr Enuf around, except it has caffeine thus needing the ginger ale for evenings. I am drinking lots of water too. Roy made me some scrambled eggs that were out of this world good. 

This morning we were talking about the housing market and the message of housing starts and sales declining. Thinking about last year selling the house in Katy. It is always good to remember those journeys where listening to the Lord made all the difference in the world. 

*********

Here we are on a Friday morning. Today is the day for the warm up to begin and it is also the day that begins in earnest the low residue diet. Yesterday, was the cardio appointment. Closed the place down because I was the last patient to leave the building. Interesting waiting room as always. I am amused by people who work really hard or hardly at all maintaining their youth. One lady came in, big lady I might add, whose crop top days are behind her along with skin tight joggers. She sat across from me for a few minutes and I was ever so happy to have a book along to keep my attention. Wow, and it was cold yesterday even into the afternoon. I felt for her though cause every move she made looked to be quite painful for her and the wheeze to her breathing was belabored. Eventually, I was the only one in the waiting room. Had this happen before so got a little proactive to see if I was in the system. Yes, they were running late. All in all a good visit, but I did receive news I wasn't quite expecting with some valve issues. Right now, the ball is in my court so to speak and as the cardiologist in Houston told me, stay in the parameters set for you and you'll live better health wise. So, in a nutshell, I am going to have to cut back on a few things and make a few adjustments. 

******

The Boys are eating once again, must be the weather. We are all easing into the day, even Roy. When he sleeps till 7:00 am, that's a sign. We have had some of the most interesting morning conversations of late. Thinking back on decisions we've made, both good and bad and funny things we have lived through and sometimes endured...the only way many times to get through those rough patches, a sense of humor to see life from a different slant. 

G Mo is becoming quite the lap cat. Didn't see that coming. The Boys have settled into quite a nice domestic life. The still chase one another and play but they nap now. Didn't think this day would ever come back in the kitten stage of life. 

I began looking through the minor prophets we will not cover on this go around and it looks like Haggai has won my interest and heart. Been studying a bit since the first of next week is otherwise occupadoed. This week has felt a bit freeing knowing I will not be teaching tomorrow and I have taken the opportunity to get some things done around here that have been put off too long. I am almost finished reading Empty Mansions, non fiction that reads like fiction. 

Roy is officially leaving the easing and heading out into the world. Fill up the car, workout and Publix is on his schedule. Put in the request for the goat cheese and Panera's autumn soup that can be consumed after next Tuesday. Looks like The Boys have chosen nap time. Guess I'll go work on a couple of projects. It is all low residue, all the time, at least until Tuesday. 


No comments: