Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Onward!

 Oh Happy Day! Once again meals can be approached with normal everyday foods and back to drinking Zero Sugar Sunkist Orange. I celebrated with cranberry port goat cheese last night on mini whole wheat crackers. All in all here are my observations about my first oscophy type procedure. There is a lot of busy work paperwork involved and about half of it is never looked at. The actual staff assisting and doing the oscophy is much more pleasant and approachable than the front house staff. I know there are reasons because they deal with cranky and confused difficult people everyday, at least on weekdays. If ever I need another one, although it was a pain in the butt I mean it kind of clipped my wings but I will again do the three day prep because it made the main event just an event, not eventful. It also gave me a chance to get some minor projects taken care of since sticking close to home was prescribed. For the main event yesterday finally someone listened that the symptoms and pain I talked about ended, during the initial consultation in March, and the general consensus has been a whopping dose of stress and thus caused a major overload to all the systems in my body. In fact while waiting to be called back through the golden door there was a magazine in the waiting room that dealt with stress in grief and situations that are almost too much to bear have on our gastro system. In that brief skimming of the article these past months since last December came into a clearer view. I can verify that the prep part is worse than the actual procedure because we are put into la la land for it and truly, you cannot think about what they really do, so you just kind of skip over that part mentally. The Dr was just as he had been reviewed, all business with limited bedside manner and truthfully, that is the kind of Dr I needed on that particular day. He did listen as I told him the circumstances, given in brief form, that led me to this day. He stated that this then, is a follow up and not a present matter. Yes, thank you! To the best of my knowledge.

Upon coming too from the anesthesia, there was Roy and the nurse and in just a few minutes a Diet Coke was presented to me and all is well. The Dr tells us they found one little bitty polyp. ONE! They got it all and they'll have it tested but I am good to go for another 7-10 years. So going with my, gut feeling, all these years was good. He was kind of shocked that this was my first and I hope only oscophy. They handed me some souvenir photos of the journey, just like Disney. And I had a report online complete with more photos when we returned home.  

This did help rule out the cause of a few symptoms that have hung around and now we can almost say for certain they are heart related, the news of the valves. Knowing what I have to keep watch on is helpful and doesn't carry the full weight of concern that seemed to accompany and affect me through these months thinking it was gastro related. So, it will be keeping a log of when things are well and what sets off symptoms. The biggest things to watch is coughing and dizziness. Gee, every med I take says causes dizziness. That makes me laugh but not dizzy.

I don't know why or from what made me so ill this year. Symptoms traveled constantly head, stomach, heart and didn't stay long enough to merit a visit to the ER or Urgent Care. Strangest thing I've ever encountered. I do know there were two nights when I fell asleep, I felt certain I would be waking up in Glory Land. 

Roy made me eggs, bacon and canned biscuits when we got home from the appointment. Even had coffee which is usually not on the afternoon calendar. I told Roy today while thankful they let you strain the noodles and drink chicken noodle soup broth, it will be a while before wanting chicken noodle soup. 

Today must be old people fight in the parking lot day. We were leaving Publix, Wednesday is the senior discount day of 5%, a lady in her car and a man outside the car were yelling at one another. She was going the wrong way in the lot causing confusion and tempers for others. She pulled into her spot, sat there awhile and to top it off, she didn't even pull in straight. Then she pulled out her phone and Roy said, let's get out of here, I think she is calling the cops. We came on home, put up groceries and headed back out the door for Blue Rooster. There was a line when we arrived, so we went down to Tractor Supply and purchased a few things. Back to Blue Rooster, no lines. Delicious lunch then onward to Barber's Orchard. At the orchard an older couple got in a fight with each other because the man felt like they didn't get all the baked goods he had ordered. He yelled, she yelled back to appease him. Finally, he listened to her as she reminded him he had changed his mind on getting the apple cake loaf. Waynesville still has a lot of tourists, so we made our way toward home. The fall foliage at our elevation is at peak colors and the way to and from filled our eyes with such wonderful and colorful beauty. 

No comments: