Monday, March 22, 2021

Spring Time

Happy First Day of Spring!  Mary Joyce's daffodils are an enjoyable view from the bonus room. She has a mix of them and so when it comes time to buy bulbs, I am going to remember this. Ours in the back are looking beautiful in bunches. The first year bed of daffodils in the front are doing okay in the midst of the biggest and thickest clover I have ever seen. My shoulders and arms are talking me to me about the work done outside weed eating a lot of that clover. There is more to be trimmed back. Text Mike the Mower Man and he has added me to the list of getting the yard work started. I went to Reems Creek and got a peach tree, considered some cherry trees but came home with forsythia, the newest variety called show off. I'm trying to decide if it will be planted in the front as kind of a barrier or in the back. They grow rather large or you can keep them trimmed. I also got some small azaleas and some daylily bulbs. Fun day shopping for spring. All the snowball bushes, juniper, and redbuds have the hint of small buds gathering on the limbs. Several small branches from the trees blew down during a windy night, so I will get those picked up before Mike comes to mow and to fertilize the lawn as well. 

Last night while randomly channel surfing, I came across an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. Back in the day I never missed an episode and Dena and I thought about finding one of those pageants that are held in conference rooms A and B at the local Holiday Inn in East Texas. At first, I thought it was an episode that I had missed but realized into it, I had seen it. Of course the lovely McKenzie was one of the stories the show followed. I think I enjoyed her performances and tantrums the most on the show. 

Yesterday was a semi snub day from HP and this morning she bypassed coming onto the back porch. That didn't upset me too much because it upsets Buddy when she knows HP is on the proper property. But, I have watched HP the last few days be, Hector Protector. She has kept Baby and Junioretta in her sights, fought off Frankie at the food bowls to let the other cats eat and she confronted Punky when she was being ugly yesterday afternoon. She sits with Boodos, the limping cat. Last night Baby and Biggio were wrapped around her while sleeping. She is doing all the things she used to do while a kitten that gave her the name Hector Protector. 

****************

This morning is spring surprise. Not only did HP come onto the back porch but Bobbsey came right along with her. They ate treats, Bobbsey ate food and now they are both taking naps. I am not as concerned about Bobbsey because that cat will sleep all day in the garage but HP is a little more active. She wanted into the house this morning but I hadn't shut the bedroom door to keep she and Buddy separated so, she is still on the porch. I am hoping with the addition of Bobbsey to the mix HP will settle in for a nice morning nap and I can get some things done without worrying too much. 

I was really nervous yesterday with going back to Sunday School and teaching. This is a combo of three women's classes. Seeing familiar faces from the Joy class certainly helped. They know my quirks in my teaching style. I tried not to be quirky but it slipped out. Anyway, hope the others give me another chance. Even back in the day of teaching in the student ministry, the quarterly was more of a guideline than a tool that I taught straight out of. We studied Luke 17:11-19, the ten lepers. It was a joy to study for and I learned a lot looking at the particular passage. 

Well, Bobbs and HP have left the porch, although Bobbs left reluctantly. I think letting the coming and going will get him familiar with the process. He only lets me pet him when he is eating. I also just got back in before the neighbor took his horse poop to their compost pile. Whew! 

Spring cleaning is in the air and hopefully it will fall fresh on me to get motivated. I did do some cleanout this weekend for the student ministry rummage sale. I look at things we bought for this house and if I have enjoyed the things and think someone else would enjoy, I pass it on. Also gave flannel twin bed sheets because in the six years here, never used them. Time to go to another home. Roy and I decided if the twin beds were ever used in winter, we would get electric blankets for them. Funny, we both have become big fans of the electric blanket. Of course nothing is getting done while I'm blogging so with that, I will sign off for now. 

No comments: