Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Days Are Going By Quickly

 Such a fun week, so far. Yes, that sounds like all those songs in church that say, He's never failed me, yet. Like the possibility is there that Jesus might fail you at some point. Yes, it is only Tuesday but with Roy around, we are eating out more, traveling about and today, chores in the yard. He might not think that is too fun, but I love seeing the improvements in flowerbeds etc... 

Roy's flight was delayed as it had to fly around all the turbulent weather in the south. He used to fly a great deal for his job and flying doesn't phase him but he said this was one of the most turbulence filled flights he had ever been on. At one point he thought they hit something because of the noise and reaction of the plane, so he was happy to be on the ground. Even driving home in pouring rain, we were both happy at his arrival. We had planned to grab something to eat but with the later hour, we returned home and he had his supper here. Taco soup, it is good for rainy weather. 

Friday we ran a million and one errands and drove some of the backroads around here. He teases me that I say every road is my favorite drive. That's not always true but any road going to Madison County is beautiful. We did make a quick run over that way. Saturday, we tried to go to the Spring Market in Haywood County. Just as we drove into the parking lot, the heaven poured forth an abundance of rain, along with lightning and thunder. We made the circle around the lot and headed toward home. The rain was falling so fast and my vision of the road was hard to decipher. Then the hail opened up and we looked forward to getting over the mountain, where we had encountered an ice patch at Christmas, and over into the valley and dry ridge. The rain began to taper off, for which we were thankful. After the rain moved through we planted our peach tree and called it a day. Sunday, church. Taught Mark 5 about Jairus's daughter and the woman with the issue of blood. It is so good to gather together once again. Sunday, I think all the work of getting ready for Roy's arrival, preparing a lesson, dental work and finally getting a call for my appointment and next day first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. I napped, a really good nap. Sunday afternoon naps are almost a non event for me anymore whereas in the past it was a scheduled thing. I rest on Sunday afternoons, but rarely nap. 

Yesterday, we took a trip over to TN. I missed doing that last spring because of Covid and because there was some concern for intrastate travel. The trees and flowers are as beautiful as around here but in a more rural setting. We did the Barnes and Noble thing and then had lunch at Carabba's. Academy and Kroger, then a long winding, kind of got lost for a few minutes of backroads in the TN countryside. We were treated to delightful scenery of fields being readied for planting, produce stands getting ready for opening day, rivers and bars and all kinds of things. We saw a bridge last year that I have wanted to get closer to for Roy to take some pics. We traveled to the bridge that is no longer used. Beautiful! We went to Troyer's and then took a few more roads back to I 26. Even with cool temps we were able to put the top down on Mustang Sam. 

**********

It is a rainy Wednesday morning. We were able to stop by Reems Creek yesterday and bought some blackberry plants and a couple of camellias. Oh, just like the movie Now Voyager, that just came to me while writing and Roy is telling me about accounting...so you know my mind is wandering because accounting practices, while important, aren't too important to my daily thinking or reasoning. Earlier in the day we stopped at Lowe's, talked to the contractor appointment person and had and have several over to the house already. We picked up new safety goggles, yes I know that is why you read Monablog for those interesting kind of facts. We also got some yellow knockout roses, I never see them later in the spring and some type of perennial border plant. Publix for strawberries and we came home only for me to remember, we needed to pick up meds at CVS. Back in the truck and that is when we went to Reems. I was looking for more forsythia, but all that was left was the petite version. We made a quick trip to Mars Hill because the day turning into evening was beautiful. They usually have Diet Dr Enuff, which Roy can go through like how I used to go through Diet Cokes. We had just arrived home when several of the contractors called to come and measure. 

On Friday morning one of the first things we did was get me a new phone. My iPhone 10 was barely hanging onto life and I was trying to eek out its existence until Roy's arrival on Thursday evening. So now I have a great new phone and with that comes the learning curve and with that comes all the reinstallation of stuff.  We are still trying to figure out how to get the contacts from the phone into the truck's system. It is nice not having to worry about the battery life. This phone came with 22 hours of battery life or so they say. 

I think I have some bad news to share about Bobbsey. We haven't seen him around too much and not at all yesterday. He kind of was spooked on Saturday and while Bobbs has come around to eat, not too much more than that. He had a limp the other day and I've noticed that Frankie and our neighbors cat had some hunks of fur taken out of their tails. Haven't seen Frankie, which in my book is good and I don't know if Bobbs limp has anything to do with that or not, but that big ol' cat is missed by me. I'll keep an eye out for him. Such a sweetie.  On a good note, HP greets me and wants in on the back porch. 

We are easing into the day because the next few days won't be conducive for a laid back approach. Cold tomorrow, snow in the higher elevations, and then the temps try to work their way back into spring like weather. 

No comments: