Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tuesday Morning Catch Up

 Here lately, I have really been into orange drinks both carbonated and just plain orange water. It dawned on me that my mother craved orange popsicles when she was pregnant with me, so the love of orange came to me later then sooner but it draws me in a bit closer to her in mind and heart. I dreamed about her the other night, I don't remember anything other than I was spending time with my mom and was sad when I woke up but happy to have had the dream. I don't dream about her often so it was a treat. 

April 1, will be our sixth year living in this house. The movers were here and delivered then but Roy and I had come up earlier to get things ready for them. That was 2015. In 2017 my father died on April 1st. So, instead of being April Fools Day it is more of liberation day in my book. Roy and I were just talking about the changes in us individually and togetherly...I know it's not a word but have the "ly" thing going on since we bought the house and faced toward North Carolina with Texas in the rearview mirror. Not there yet but closer all the time. Yesterday, visiting with Inez and Cuman, I told them how I shed a few tears when driving out of the mountains and heading toward Texas. Sad, cause I don't want to leave the mountains, really, ever. Of course there are happy tears upon returning and seeing the beautiful mountains in the distance when we hit Andrews. These has been the best years of my life! Even this past quarantine year. I think I might have gone nuts in Texas but here there are enough distractions to take up days and days and nights and nights. While we were talking about change we noted that some changes are only noticeable by us and other changes have more of a public view. I think too about other friends who are experiencing change of views or how they have done life. I learned from experience it is best to give lots of room for this to happen. We approach life, our views and thoughts knowing we will come out on the other side, different; so we go from extremes to somewhere in the middle or sometimes stay at the extreme. One thing for me, health-wise, the pace of life and the important things are so different from Houston. Not the same stress and letting some stuff go, has been the best thing. A Houston friend asked the other day about recommending a restaurant near the Galleria...and nothing came to mind. I told her, it has felt like a lifetime and with Covid even, didn't know who made it or what places have closed. Since then I have thought of a few places so I need to get back with her. 

***************

Around 3:00 am, the heavens busted loose with rain. It sounded like a hard rain and I tried to stay awake to see if I heard any thunder. Didn't, so maybe no snow for the next ten days. The kiddos were waiting for me on the porch steps and the Queen is now asleep on the back porch after having treats and breakfast. Buddy is asleep on the bed, not too happy about HP being on the back porch. I think Buddy spent most of the night downstairs guarding her domain, only HP wasn't on the porch. In the evenings the kitties scatter and then gather back at some point in the night. Last night I saw a HUGE raccoon in the side flowerbed. So big I thought it might be some other kind of animal. He had a root from a sunflower from last summer and was happily busy with it. 

The Covid curfew has been lifted. Not that this news affects me much cause really, I am not out after 10:00 pm as a rule. But now, if I want to be out, I can. I think a few more restrictions have been lifted that has to do with sporting events and restaurants. Yesterday, I was thinking about what I have missed and this list is not about being with people and such, but just things or just what used to be normal. Like not having to think twice about going into a small shop. I miss Corner Kitchen's breakfasts before getting a haircut. Or drop in someplace for lunch or to grab a coffee or something. Again, with change in mind I do like how life has become even simpler. I am thankful to be easily entertained and amused. Sometimes in these months I have felt some confrontations and those have been good to sort through beliefs and thoughts but I don't want to be drawn in for intense discussions purely based on a selfish reason that I don't want flutter or fib to happen. Some days and weeks it's all about No Flutter or Fib.

*****************

I slept thirty minutes later into this morning. So, I missed the Queen on the first round of treats. She arrived fashionably late and came on in to the back porch. Bobbsey nearly came in this morning too. The Queen was a bit restless so after eating and grooming she wanted back out to play. It's kind of cold this morning but I don't blame her when most of the Feral Fam is chasing one another. I had a little talk with Junior yesterday. He is a teenager and went after one of the older and more seasoned male cats. The older cat took out after Junior but more in a warning way. Junior seemed a bit puzzled and he won't admit it but frightened. I told him of his great grandfather, Big Daddy, the largest orange cat around. He was the cat among cats. Now Strawyer, he was as big as Big Daddy but didn't have the fight or anger in him. So, Junior, I said, you have a great mix of both of those fine cats and you will come into your own. Then he hissed at me. I take that as confirmation that my words got through to him. 


No comments: