Monday, March 15, 2021

The Tale or Tail of Two Kitties

 Life can be described by a famous book title adapted for this time and forgive me because I am so sleep deprived but since Thursday night it has been A Tale of Two Kitties...or maybe that should be A Tail of Two Kitties. HP had successful surgery and heck no, no anesthesia is going to stop or slow her down. That cat has more energy. I have given her a couple of chill pills and have played laser light with her in hopes she will sleep for a bit. I moved her from the front bedroom to the bedroom with twin beds because the door is a tighter fit and she can't move it and make loud banging noises with it. Now Buddy is awake and moving about, but she should be much quieter than HP. I feel bad for HP because all she wants to do is return outdoors with her extended family. She paces, looks out the window and I had opened the back porch for her but it is creating more problems with the Feral Fam wanting to climb up the screen. So out came the squirt bottle. You would think HP would be so tired of meowing. I told Roy she is like a toddler fighting off sleep when it is obvious she is just so tired.  If Buddy was younger I would think the arrangement would work but she is 15 1/2 and so fragile. It would crush me if something happened to her. Once the incision heals more, I might have to see if inside outside works with HP. I know it takes time and I knew this was going to be hard, no harder to do, but a couple more days like the last few...don't know if I have the stamina for it. I don't think Buddy does either, she is a funny cat. 

Saturday morning, up at 6:30 checked on HP, she had removed her collar. I told Roy I wouldn't be surprised if she got it off. I'm glad we don't have lever handles on the doors because HP would have that figured out and be running around. 

I think HP finally settled down and hopefully she is asleep. I just finished lunch. With everything going on I was just grabbing stuff here and there to eat and especially at night not eating healthy although there have been a lot of salads. Maybe eating lunch today will go a long way with me being more patient this afternoon. Well, it was a very short nap, but thankful for the little bit of quiet time. 

*************

This morning I have done all my cat duties for now. Buddy treated then put up so that HP can come out and meow mournfully as she watches her family out the window and then of course feeding the Feral Fam. Now HP is back in the bedroom and Buddy is free to roam around the house. HP's incision is healing nicely. So maybe later this week we can have the big sit down to see how they react to one another. 

I have received so many encouraging words from friends on continuing the process with feral meets cranky. Cranky being Buddy, not me.

Guess cat nature and human nature are alike. When we are inside, we want to be outside and when we are outside we want to be inside. My mom used to say when we lived right outside Chicago my friends that lived behind us would come over. Mom would help them out of their snow suits. Then after about thirty minutes, they were ready to go home. Mom had to get them all suited for the return trip. My mom didn't play so if they weren't going to stay for an hour or so, she'd just say no to their coming over. 

HP settled in last night and it was much quieter with her in the bedroom with the twin beds. Still has a great view and there is always exploring under the beds. They are jacked up about seven inches so plenty of room to go in and out between the storage bags.

Speaking of views I heard the now familiar noise of heavy equipment being moved in across the road. Talked with one of the neighbors last night and she had heard the land didn't perk as well as hoped, so maybe there won't be as many houses. They cleared out trees last week but I hope the ones that remain are a permanent part of the deal. 

Well, I will keep trying to get stuff done around here in the midst of catdom. I need to stop and gaze at the daffodils. They are blooming and giving such hope for spring, which will be here soon enough. 

No comments: