Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tri Peak Tuesday

 Sometimes I forget to go outside and watch the sunrise. Many times I am not awake to watch the sunrise but now that I'm getting uninterrupted rest, sunrise watching might become a thing. Got the Feral Fam treated and fed. Junioretta discovered one of Buddy's beds that I put on a shelf for easy window viewing. I believe she is the first to finally discover it. 

I was out early this morning. Needed to go to the Post Office, haven't picked up mail in a week and a half, went to the bank, and Publix. Brought groceries home and semi put them away and hit the road once again going to The Fresh Market. So, I think I am ready for two and a half days of rain. That's what they are forecasting. 

My neighbor Nancy just came by on her way to their compost pile. She and her sister went to Disney World last week for Nancy's 50th birthday. Sounds like she had a really great time. Told her about Buddy and we talked ferals for a bit. They have a miniature horse coming to board with them for about three months. She said he is the cutest thing, so I will enjoy watching him in the pasture above us. 

Yesterday, I moved furniture. Big, heavy furniture. From the living room, through the narrow opening by the stairs and into the front room. I've been thinking about this change for years. I am a little sore today from all the heavy lifting, pushing and pulling. Told Roy good thing I am a spatial see and doer. What a task but the hardest and heaviest part is done. Most of the mid range work is too so I am left with those little bitty "where should I put this" stage. 

*****************

Greetings from the mountains, a rainy day has already started. I missed my window of opportunity to get out and pick up the trash can by the road. Didn't get down there last night because of the rain. We have a flash flood watch, but we are hoping for just enough rain to water the plants and trees and not enough to create waterfalls in the backyard. During the window of no rain, the Feral Fam was treated and that Punky, came onto the back porch. Shocked me but thankfully, she left after about a minute. They also have had their breakfast so maybe they are set for a day of napping. 

While moving a table yesterday, a little toy of Buddy's showed out a little from behind the thick leg. It was a catnip toy she loved and would chase it till she could chase no more. She had several of them because she was notorious for chasing them under small openings of bookcases and the like. It made me happy to see that little toy. I didn't cry cause it has been a while since she felt good enough to chase something. I would get out the little red laser light and she would look at me like, you don't even respect my intelligence do you. This past week in bits and pieces I have either put away or thrown away or given away things related to Buddy. The kitties are enjoying a level up on treats, with more flavors than usual. What's funny is, I just can't bring myself to empty her water dish and put it up. If she wasn't hanging with me, she was right there by the water dish that last twenty four hours. Ironic is that, everyone kicked or spilled her water because it was in the way of getting to the stove. Seemed like a logical place cause rarely do I make my way to the stove. Her water used to be by her food, but she didn't particularly care for that location. Roy said, that would have been the first thing I moved. I think I'm keeping it around at least for one more day to remind myself, there were a lot of good days with Buddy. More good days than bad but like all pets can do, sometimes she was in the way. Sometimes she demanded and needed so much. Like the water dish, she refreshed and sustained me in some very tough days. Those days she didn't demand, she gave. After every cardioversion and ablation, right there beside me. Home from bilateral knee replacements, she stayed there on my lap. I think she knew she wasn't long for the world as she stuck by my side the night before we went back to the vet. Only, this time it was me giving her the care and companionship. We stayed up all night, tired me and OCD Buddy. I knew those rituals were comforting to her. Throughout the summer she narrowed her world. Funny though one thing she didn't stop, she would round the corner and come into the upstairs hallway. If I was on the couch, I'd call her name and slap my thigh like you do when you call a dog. She made a running bee line and executed the jump onto my lap perfectly. She even did that last Wednesday night. 

I've noticed some comments on one of the most creative magazines of late. The comments tend toward, wow, that mag has lost its creativity. Before they stopped shipping to the US due to Covid or something, the last two issues had been rather disappointing with more articles than colorful inclusions of stickers, notebooks and ideas. The articles on mindfulness, staying in the moment. I like that, I try to do that but dang, when I'd buy the magazine, it wasn't so much for mindfulness. They had great calendars and notebooks but I don't even know if they are doing calendars this year. Not that it matters cause none of them will make it to the states. 

Our dark foreboding morning has a little sun coming through. I was able to get the trash bin and pick up mail in the box. A card from Appalachian Animal Hospital. So touching and sweet. Made the trip down and back worth it. I tumped the bin over to drain and I'll clean it out later on.  Hopefully, I will get everything accomplished today. It doesn't help that Tri Peaks is double points today and I am trying to get past the gold grandmaster title. 

No comments: