Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Catching Up Once Again

 You go one week without pulling weeds in a flowerbed, you might as well go a month cause I have never seen weeds propagate so quickly as they do in NC. Must be the cooler temps or something. Today, I pulled up weeds and maybe a few plants, I don't know but clearing out some space with the skies, teasing once again, showing rain I worked diligently and quickly. Have a nice pile to bag up. I was at the road getting the trash bin, when the recycle truck came along, so I waited and was hand delivered my trash bin. That is pretty nice. 

Lunch was Publix cedar plank salmon, potatoes and asparagus with blue cheese. I will purchase it again. So far I have liked the street tacos, chicken masalas, and now the salmon. Not so much though the quesadillas. 

Once again it felt like we would get rain and by the afternoon it was back outside to water everything I can hit from the driveway, including the front porch. I didn't have it in me to pull a hose across the yard to water the plum trees, so I took some gallon jugs of water to them, to tide them over so to speak. The rose bushes are really blooming now, later than usual because of the late freezes we had. The roses ringing the all purpose, all season flowerbed are showing off in red, pinks, salmon, white and yellow blooms and blossoms. The red dwarf roses have taken off and expanding their territory, although I don't know if they have heard of the prayer of Jaybez. Aren't we glad that fad has exited from the scene. 

The kittens are feeling more at home in the backyard. Punky has them running off energy. She is trying to convince them it is alright to eat in the garage or accept treats at the backdoor. I never tire of watching her call her kittens and how out of nowhere, they come running to her. They are too big to nurse so much and it won't be long till she looses interest in them and moves on. I was so happy to see Biggio return. He is not the cutest cat in the bunch and he is lean and lanky and I don't know why, but he reminds me of my Uncle Charles. Like I said, I don't know why. He is letting me pet him more and more but it has to begin only when HP is around. Yesterday, I gave his ears and side of his face a good rubbing and he was alright with that. I love how he splays out while sleeping in the garage. I saw a clip yesterday about a cat who came into this young mans life during the pandemic. The growing relationship and trust of the cat kept my interest. The young man says that the cat, Tom, kept him occupied and helped him as his world, like all of ours, shut down. Those ferals did that for me as well as the front flowerbed project last year. 

The closing date has been changed for our house from today to some time this week. Roy scrambled to get the utilities called to postpone the shutting off of services. I think he will be so glad when everything is done with the house that's for sure. 

***********

Looks like the closing is scheduled for next Friday and the delay is due to appraisal inspection report not making it in time for today. 

Today, I had my checkup with Dr. Andy Morris and overall it was a good report. In fact, I think it might be the best numbers while living here. Mountain living has taken a good effect. Heat still bothers me, but my afib episodes were minimal. Of course that is due to staying in those parameters that the Houston cardiologist gave me back in the day to beat the odds given to me of survival...to beat five years probably, ten years if I am lucky and I think I am going on thirteen years. God, parameters and North Carolina. As per usual, after these kinds of appointments, like after the cardiologist if it is a good report, fried chicken. Today, it was Jack in the Box tacos. I think the Hendersonville Jack is the closest to us. It has been a couple of years so, it felt like a good day for tacos. They were delicious and made the drive back go quickly. Before going to the Dr I stopped at Southern Chicks and found a cute couple of things. They had a lamp set I LOVED but really no place to put them...I thought about them a lot but made the turn toward Jack instead.  Might not have been the best health choice but definitely the cheaper choice. 

*************

Such a foggy morning. I closed the garage door last night since it seems the cats don't use it at night, well except Junioretta and she spent the night in the garage after going undetected. They were happy to see the door open this morning. I would think the garage is too hot at night but will do in a pinch when it rains. I don't want the raccoons getting interested in the garage again. 

When we start back to Sunday School this Sunday, I am working on a short devotional thought and yesterday while eating tacos, waiting at the Dr and driving, I outlined it mentally. I think it will be good to get back into the normal routine of having prepared a lesson each week. 


No comments: