Thursday, June 17, 2021

Oops, My Bad

 We are officially not home owners in Katy anymore. What a wild few months this has been. A random call from a realtor that began the process in April to finally getting the wire transfer late yesterday afternoon to be the official seal the deal ending. I know closings are not cut and dried, predictable and easy but this closing had to be the the roughest of all the closings we have experienced in real estate life. Roy felt like he was a "question" behind in the process. Meanwhile, I am upset in North Carolina over the timing of things, what is looking like a strange process and of course being raised by one of the best conspiracy theorists ever, I have amassed the details into a wild tale of intrigue. Roy and I have laughed at the thought of getting rid of half of our stuff and then the sobering thought, oh yeah, we still have half of our stuff in NC. 

Just read the Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village is not going to serve breakfast anymore. They have not during the lockdowns and I was so hoping that breakfast would resume. In the past few months, I have made some of the earliest in the morning appointments before the parking is filled and almost unbearable since  Wink Salon is in the village. Guess I can continue that practice now.  

It felt like an escape to Johnson City kind of a day, yesterday. I kind of was iffy when I first woke up but realized with the humidity low and sunshine, it was a good day to go have fun. First stop Barnes and Noble. The one in Johnson City puts stuff on sale faster than the stores in Asheville. So I picked up a few bargains along with a couple more books...it's an addiction, I tells ya. I tried to have lunch at Carraba's but the door was locked. People inside though...I decided just to keep moving on. Next stop Academy. Didn't find a thing, not even for Roy. Thought about trying one of the two restaurants just across the way via the roundabout, but the menus didn't appeal to me. Onto Kroger and then to Troyer's. I took the scenic route to Troyer's. With a detour here and there as TN is paving and improving these back roads, it took a little longer but I so enjoyed the drive. Made my Troyer's purchases, ate the pack of peanut butter crackers for lunch and munched on rosemary asiago cheese popcorn. Stopped off at TJs in Mars Hill. They had a few of those little sweet plums that are around this time of year and along with more strawberries and some SC nectarines it was a successful stop. Quick run in at the Ingles and the trip for home began. 

Along the way going and returning, the clouds made spectacular patterns on the mountains. Almost at times like a patchwork quilt. This year the different hues of green are brilliant. The colors so resplendent and one has to wonder will that carry over into the fall season when the leaves begin to change colors. I drove through the NC rest area and visitor center to see if the wildflowers are in bloom, not yet but it looks to be soon. 

Poor Punky, she has the attention of all, ALL the male cats. There are significantly more males than females in this generation of the Feral Fam. Love watching HP, cause she is above the fray but steps in when one of her siblings or cousins needs a presence with them. Biggio acted like a teenage boy, which in cat world, he is, but he finally gave up. He probably went 36 hours without sleep. Boodos has taken up the chase but he is fragile in health, so he is not as determined. I have been wondering about the kittens. Punky is too busy declining all her suitors and constantly on the move. I only saw the kittens early the other morning and not at all yesterday. This morning, they sat with Punky, kind of surrounding her. I was able to get food out to them and those kittens wolfed down everything, licked the bowls clean. Think they are sleeping now in the cleft of the rock. 

This evening while deadheading roses, I discovered something, Baby is a boy! Not a girl! All this time Baby, with the exception of those two days HP wasn't around, she was hanging out with Baby...well, I thought it was just a girls trip. Oops, my bad. 

After almost a year of waiting, my crown was ready for the implant today. Wow! This is my first implant on my lower jaw, it's always been upper. Good news! I made my way toward home, with a stop at The Fresh Market. I ran into our new choir director, Debbie. We had a short but nice visit. We both thought the jumbo cherries looked delicious. 

No comments: