Friday, October 8, 2021

Tech, Ferals, Inspections and Groceries

 After laundering sheets yesterday the thought of, hurry, get these on before Buddy discovers bed making. Then I remembered, it didn't have to be the secret rush thing cause well...you know. That cat loved to hinder progress especially with a fitted sheet. The past couple of months though, she only participated once cause I think it was just too much for her arthritis. What a personality she had and what a reprieve these past years as she settled into being a kinder, not so angry cat. She had a temper early on. 

The Feral Fam have been quite entertaining this morning. In between rain showers, they have been playing underneath the back porch with a piece of mulch. Dean, a not often mentioned member of the Fam is coming into his own. Since his arrival in the backyard, he has been one scardy cat. He stays at a distance during meal and snack times. I show up and he hides. Since I had named his siblings Toupee and Tupac, I named he and his other sibling Jan, so Jan and Dean. Keeping with that somewhat musical reference. Biggio is back and Toupee let me rub her head again. Radley came around yesterday afternoon. I knew there was a cat who gets respect and fear nearby because of the actions of the Feral Fam. Happy to see Radley and give him a bowl of food. When he is around, KH is not around. KH has been mainly staying at a distance and for that I am thankful. 

***********

I am kind of feeling tech-ish this morning after solving an IT, well for me, problem last night, but that's enough for me. Not wanting to add that skill set. 

One of my favorite movies was on TCM last night, All About Eve. Bette Davis is Margo Channing. The dialogue is witty, acerbic, colorful and being made in the 1950s, full of innuendo. I have seen this movie so many times and I try to find something at each viewing that I haven't noticed before. Last night I concentrated on backgrounds and people in the backgrounds. 

It has been a month since Buddy crossed the rainbow bridge. A month ago today, a package arrived from my brother. In it a treasure trove of memories. I kind of looked through everything and placed everything on the dinning room table for later. Yesterday, I looked at the portraits from a photo studio located in the city where I was born. Even though my father was transferred to the Chicago area and even after we arrived in Houston, we'd have portraits done. I think my parents must have bought a package of photo sittings. Probably the last one in the series is my brother and me. I was probably in kindergarten or first grade and Doug is a toddler. The paper bag where the pictures we stored is a work of art. Don't see that kind of detail today. 

The window in our bonus room faces west and clearing skies is a welcomed sight. The rain is coming from the southwest so hopefully, we are just about done with this system. 

Funny, this morning after mentioning road trips yesterday, I am getting all kinds of advertising about, you guessed it road trips. Now, I am getting recommendations for road trip books. I love me a good road trip and have taken several over the years that are memorable with Roy and also with friends. But, right now, road trips aren't even too much of a thought because of the reasons expressed yesterday. I will clear up a statement that I made about I 10 in Louisiana. It is one of the most stressful drives ever. East, west traffic is full of 18 wheelers, people in a hurry, lots of traffic and the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge. Did I mention state troopers? 

Got the truck inspection done. Got out early to The Fresh Market for $5.00 pizza on Thursdays. Then the normal stuff, small container of tuna salad, one container of fresh orange slices along with other specials happening. Stopped at Ingles for a quick second, got home, put everything up and started a batch of soup in the crock pot. Ate lunch and then left for Jimmy's. Sequishshawn passed without needing anything extra to help him pass. TJ, the man who was so helpful when I fought a utility pole and the pole won, has become a friend to us. He shared he had been sick with Covid, hardest health fight even with a hospital stay. No vent, PTL! Had to make a quick stop at Publix on the way home and again it was quick. The store was crowded but I just needed Rotel Tomatoes, so checked out in the express lane but every other open lane was deep in those waiting to check out. Lots of Instacart shoppers, so they may still be at the store.  


No comments: