Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Tuesday Stuff

 Before the sun went down the fog began to take over our valley. The roll in of the fog was incremental and not how it can just hit in one fell swoop. By the time the sun had set we were encased in the fog. Guess it was due to the gentle short rain showers of the late afternoon and as the rainbow pictures were posted on FB, I went outside to see if I could catch a view. Either we didn't have a rainbow or I missed the timing of it. This morning it is more low level clouds than fog but either way, the beauty of the sky is outstanding. 

Going out in the morning to feed the Feral Fam is a little more fun these days with Biggio back in town. Whatever he has been doing and wherever he has been, the boy is tired. He fell asleep yesterday afternoon eating a little snack. As soon as the backdoor opens, he comes running. If Toupee is around, she comes up as well or makes a beeline to her perch and waits. She lets me know when she wants to be petted by putting her head downward, you know to receive the little pats on the head. Tupac is getting friendlier and this morning, Blazey let me pet him. Of course he was eating so his attention diverted. It was a well behaved group this morning mainly due to Mama Cat being a no show. Breakfast came a little earlier than I've been getting it out there so maybe, she was sleeping in. 

Blanket wise, we are set for the winter. Roy likes electric blankets and the one we bought last year, while doing a good job, was really too little for a king sized bed. We made the decision to purchase another one and I began to research options. I found one and I also ordered a regular type blanket. While both blankets are on the bed, I decided to get the electric one hooked up and hadn't felt well enough the past few weeks to crawl around on the floor and under the bed. Felt like it could be a go yesterday afternoon and it was a successful endeavor and job done. Also got the flannel sheets on the bed so now I can be a flannel board when I wear flannel jammies. Got out the down comforter too but we don't need it yet. So it stays folded back until it is cold enough to warrant usage. 

October must be afib awareness or experience month. A friend from Houston wrote of his afib adventures this month but it is the background of getting to this place that was interesting. He and I had talked many times in choir about our heart health and what we have found to be helpful. 

Dear Diary,

Today I did the ultimate old lady kind of thing, I went to the grocery store without brushing my hair. Yes, I have it cut so that it can look messy at anytime, but today I had bed head and a cowlick standing straight up on the back of my head. I had planned to wear a visor but with a couple of phone calls that distracted me, I forgot. So today, even though I wore nice boots and a matching outfit, my hair gave me away. This is the first time I can ever remember not even brushing my hair before leaving the house, beyond the yard. 

With a good price on zucchini and chicken broth it seemed like a good day to make another batch of tortilla soup. The last two batches have been especially flavorful. I only did tasting and put all of it in the freezer. Roy loves taco and tortilla soup. His servings are larger than mine so what I'd think would be enough for two people, will probably just feed him. Think I will make another batch over the weekend. Yes, soup is the theme of life right now. 

I finished The Boys. It was a good read but toward the end, I skimmed Clint's sections and loved Ron Howard's description of his first steps into directing. His parents are very interesting and the lessons imparted to their boys. It was a good read.  





No comments: