Monday, April 12, 2021

Into Earnest Things of the Day

 All is calm, all is bright. Not quoting Silent Night but once the Feral Fam and Buddy have been treated, things calm down expedientialy. With warmer temps I am not too quick about feeding the kitties early cause they don't need the calories to keep warm, now it is just calories to keep up mischief. 

Yesterday morning as I was wrapping up the morning routine before going to church, HP and Buddy got in a hissing and sparing fight through the screen. Trying to get Buddy away from the screen, I bumped my forehead on the edge of the fireplace mantel. Ouchy! I resorted to the early advice and sports medicine from a softball coach, walk it off and rub the sore spot. Took some Tylenol and left for church. I felt a kilter off, mainly from the aggravation of bumping the old noggin. I also think that's why I felt like I struggled with teaching yesterday. This chapter in John 5 had such a new view for me and sometimes while preparing a lesson, some stuff that God brings to mind might just be for the teacher and not to share. But the same treasure in this is, God's Word is active and alive and sharper than a two edged sword. I love this! Especially when one, I would say suffer, but I don't feel like it is suffering now, from ADD. Keeps things fresh and new. Back when you had to make good grades, it wasn't such a delight. Or maybe in my case make average grades...yes, that's it! Thanks for staying tuned in this rambling paragraph. 

An afternoon of rain on Saturday, we were rewarded with some of the most beautiful skies as the rain moved on. I was sitting here in the bonus room and I noticed the sky with such a golden glow and that can mean there is a rainbow to be found. I went out front and caught the last little bit of the rainbow but what seemed more intriguing, the purple haze, fog and sky. Light purple backlights to the spring landscape abounding in color. The cows across the pasture almost looked magical in the haze. 

 

Even after living here for six years, I don't take for granted the immense beauty we live in. Where azaleas can bloom for months, not just two weeks. Granted we pay the "time" price because for flowers like zinnias and snap dragons, it is best to wait until after Mother's Day to plant. 

Once again I used an Andy Griffith show example in the lesson yesterday. This morning I read a post that asked, what do you dislike that everyone else likes? The person who said Barney Fife is getting hammered by other Mayberry aficionados. I don't dislike him but the writers of the show sure overused the same plot line with all of Andy's girlfriends and Barney jumping to the conclusion even after one date they were going to get married. Each season has several repeats of various plots, Aunt Bee has a boyfriend, Clara gets too involved and gossipy. Last year during the middle of the pandemic I did get a little aggravated over the fact that everyone enabled Barney's behavior but I think I came to my senses because it was just an early 1960's show and they didn't know about enabling back then. 

Roy is still motivated over the Katy house and is just about over the drive from Katy to downtown. With more companies requiring people come into the office, the freeways aren't quite as open and free. He has started working out in the company workout facility before work. Looks like he is going to drop his membership at Villa Sports. Man, he waited for that to finally open, then Covid, and now it is open again and Roy isn't thrilled with others using the facility. He likes that six foot thing when he is on a treadmill. Letting that membership go is just another step on the journey of coming this way. When the house sells, he wants to move closer in but not all the way into downtown. 

A plethora of articles are hitting as people discover dressing up again after a year of living in comfort clothes. Of course last year people said that comfort clothes were forever...yes, yes they are but it is nice to clean up once in awhile, said by me whose motto last year and this year for spring and summer, visor hair, don't care. As I have started the transitional winter to summer clothes exchange, I realize that I have quite a few Flax outfits, not from overbuying, okay maybe a little of that, but more so that Flax linen lasts forever. I still have a Flax jacket from the late 80s that I still wear, still looks good and since Flax kind of sticks with the same design with different fabrics, timeless. I'm being careful not to put away everything winter cause we still have blackberry winter and maybe even dogwood winter since they are blooming now but could have been confused with red bud winter. Roy is still encouraging me to stay with the original hair color and not go back to highlights...don't know if that is more monetary related or he really likes the natural look. I like not spending hours in the salon. 

I have been easing into the morning to ease into the day. Now, I better get started in earnest on the other things of the day. 

No comments: