Thursday, April 29, 2021

We Just Keep Rolling Along

 This morning I woke up without jaw pain and my teeth don't hurt. It has been several months of clenching and grinding my teeth while sleeping. The dentist decided not to wait till my last implant is in to make the mouth guard. Last night, first night with mouth guard. It was kind of hard getting used to and then I fell asleep, problem solved.

 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips [to keep me from speaking thoughtlessly]. Psalm 141:3

That verse will work in more ways than one. 

The debate this morning was an out and about day or a stay home and work day. Decided to stay home and work on getting flowers planted as well as getting flowerbeds ready for planting. It looks to be another beautiful day. Of course there are tons of projects to be done inside, but they don't quite hold the interest of outdoors. Besides the outdoor stuff, I need to keep an eye on Buddy. She's doing okay but slowing down much faster than usual. Buddy gave quite the scare last night when she acted like she could not get up and walk. Finally, she made the decision to move from the bed and for this I was thankful. 

After getting the new night guard with spring being spectacular in color, a drive through the Biltmore seemed to be the right thing to do. The trip did not disappoint. Considered eating a late lunch at Cedrick but knowing a stop at the grocery store was on the schedule, the drive through with a quick stop at the garden shop onsite was in order. The azaleas are beginning to bloom and what spectacular color. The sheep and lambs were playful and fun to watch as well as the geese and the gooselings crossing the road and learning to maneuver access and exit from the lagoon. It was quite the busy scene of people and wildlife. The prize of the day, finding two unusual planters on the 50% off area. Happy purchase and in a minute figuring out where these beauties are going to go.  

***************

I am so glad I chose stay home and work day because Mike brought the large pieces of flat rock for around the swing. I helped him a tad but he did all the heavy lifting and work. I think we work alike in that we can think of unorthodox ways to make things move when there is just one person to do it. He came back later and mowed the front lawn. He is supposed to be by today to weed eat the backyard. I worked on getting two rose bushes planted, moving dirt, planting patio lemon and lime trees and putting the snapdragons in the above ground planter. Then I watered everything when it was cooler. 

Roy looked at a condo yesterday. He really liked it and waiting to hear back on the availability. When he finally got home after a trip to Costco and Whole Foods, we talked about the advantage of that condo verses others he is to look at on Friday. We also talked about what to keep and not keep. Bill Bain is going to do an estate sale at our house. We don't need a lot of duplicates of what we already have here. I don't think Roy is going to take any couches and just use the recliner and the two wing back chairs. I decided yesterday the antique table we bought when we were first married, that we have loved having in our homes, needs to go to another home for others to enjoy or repurpose or trendy paint. 

Buddy had a semi rough night, well early morning. She is sleeping now. She spent most of the afternoon on the back porch yesterday. She loved that and she was putting her scent on everything to remind HP who the "big" dog is. Or big cat, is probably the better reference. 

The inspection of the house is still in process. They want an AC guy to check out the unit. Roy thinks, hey you left it on a low temp when you left, that should give you an answer. I asked Roy if he mentioned to Ryan the work done on the unit so filters don't have to be changed or used and receipts for upkeep and maintenance. He did not. This is where Roy and I sometimes disagree, I think upfront knowledge is better than having to backtrack and explain things. This is a difference we have not just with the house, but many subjects. Many times it is the details he leaves out that causes our biggest discussions. When he finally fills in the details, I'm like, you should have told me that from the start. Then we laugh. Roy is so dang smart his brain moves much faster than most so it is not a duplicitous thing but a rather smart guy thing. 

Made a quick trip into Weaverville. Thought about getting out this afternoon but Buddy once again finds herself ensconced on the back porch. I can get out tomorrow. I'm wearing nicer things today so no working in the yard, but I think the time has come for the comforter and extra blanket to be pulled off the bed. I should go do this before Buddy comes back in and plops herself on her blankie on the bed. 

No comments: