Monday, April 5, 2021

Planes, Fences and Easter

 Happy for the sunshine and no wind today. It is still cold but with the day beginning to warm up, hopefully we will get everything done today that we need to take care of. All the Feral Fam has been fed, Buddy treated and Roy fixed another one of his delicious breakfasts for us. We are discussing our next steps in the process or Operation NC as I have been calling it. We made a phone call to a friend, no we are not on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Roy is meeting with him next Friday. An exciting beginning to a journey full of hard work in the near future. We both like a good biblical type funny, I told Roy the other day I have been here preparing a place for him...I have to cause my stuff has taken over with the exception of a closet and a dresser but not a closet dresser. 😊 We did manage on a rainy day to clean out his closet, got his flannel shirts put away for next season and got his spring/summer shirts ready for use. I'll be making a trip to Goodwill in the coming weeks to get clothes to them. I will say this, we both love us some flannel shirts. 

Three lots on the other side of the barn across the road have realtor signs. We had a fence man come out yesterday to give us an estimate on a decorative fence for part of the front yard. He said he thought where the pasture is low, would be like a flood plain. He was really nice and kind of humorous when he said to me, you know this fence isn't tall enough to block a view. I told him, I know but really, that's not what I am going for, more so for our eyes to be drawn to inside the fence and then way over the fence for long range views of the mountains. 

************

Yesterday, Roy and I hit the outdoors and almost stayed out until dark. We worked so hard around the house. He put together the raised flowerbed. We planted a few things and I got out the weedeater and did some trimming. A lot of trimming. We worked on the hose reels and came to the conclusion that we need new hose for the old reel and we need to replace the workhorse hose that has been utilized since 2015. `We moved potting soil and compost, we worked so hard and only took a break for lunch. By the time we finished the Baylor vs U of H game was in the second half and it was a game I enjoyed since I root for Baylor and Roy was for U of H. I watch the first half of the UCLA vs Gonzaga game but totally could not stay awake for the second half. I missed a good game for sure, but sleep felt good, except for the leg cramps that kept me awake most of the night. Working on inclines will do that. Roy said yesterday, I don't think we have any level ground. We do but it is at a slant. 

We talked to our neighbor Josh yesterday about what we would like to do with a fence. Clearly, we are staying on our property but his father is a surveyor and will come mark out the boundaries. Josh said his dad did all the surveying for the property across the street and there is a chance that the land closest to us will only have one or two houses. The man who owns the land is thinking of that being where he will build. His family owned so much property and he currently lives in a house that was his grandparents. He had this beautiful home built at the top of his development, but he didn't live there very long. Sold the place. While working out a leg cramp last night I got to thinking about the fence and the reason why we would have that built. If it is only going to be one or two houses, there isn't a reason to spend all that money and kind of ruin the view. Josh was going to get more info from his dad. He also said, he was surprised the barns remained....and he has put up fencing more for cattle, so holding a good thought. I'll call the fence man and tell him we are putting a pause on that project. We had kind of put it on the back burner anyway and only revisited when we talked to the Lowe's person who schedules contractors, etc... We are getting a new screen door with a pet door in it for Buddy so she can go out on the front porch without me having to leave the screen door open for her. 

It was kind of strange not being in church on Easter Sunday. Not like last year strange, but odd due to Roy's flight schedule and flying out on Easter Sunday. On the way back, I stopped at The Fresh Market for tuna salad, love theirs, and Mustang Sam was almost on empty. That is not a usual cause I am a gets a little past half of a tank, let's fill it up kind of gal. There was a day that Easter Sunday morning would be rather still. Nothing open, people not playing golf or getting tuna salad at The Fresh Market. Some of the smaller churches here had a smattering of cars. I guess it is easier to celebrate Christmas than Easter but Easter is resurrection and hope! Last year I played Easter music, more specifically Easter organ music to feel the majestic notes that Easter music announces. Our hearts fill with that victory and hope that only come from Jesus but organ music proclaims that in those lofty notes. Of course I am a Boomer and we probably have a stronger feeling toward the organ in church. I do miss an organ from time to time. 

Yesterday as well, I watched Mahalia on Lifetime TV. Wow! What a powerful story and life. When the 1959 version of Imitation of Life is on TCM, I wait for the end where Mahalia sings Soon I Will Be Done. Just had to You Tube it now. Powerful!




No comments: