Friday, January 28, 2022

January Weekend, Another Weekend With Snow

 It is 3:21 am and another night of waking up in the middle of the night. So far I have studied for Sunday and looked through FB and now, blogging. I have to be up earlier than usual because Jen had a cancellation and so I am getting a haircut. 

Speaking of haircuts, Roy got one yesterday after about six weeks. He belonged to the Board Room in TX and he got haircuts every two weeks. He went to a barber shop and it took him several hours to finally be the one in the chair. Usually, there are three barbers but one injured his shoulder so they are down to two. This was Roy's first solo drive and to make it interesting, he arrived home after the sunset. We had dropped off the truck for service and when we picked it up in the afternoon, I came on home and Roy drove to the barber shop, only getting lost once. These narrow rural roads are something else and at night...well, that is another story. I was very happy to see Roy pull onto our road and I was very happy to help him by parking the car. It takes some getting used to but with practice he will be wheeling into our drive in no time. 

*********

Good news, I slept through the night. I think I've worried too much about timing of things and paperwork getting taken care of and stuff like that. I told my friend Sandy, those late night get ups sometimes become a tug of war, I give things to the Lord and then take them back, give and take back. Finally, once I have worn myself out in prayer, it is the indicator of going to sleep. Sometimes I do things the hard way. 

Jenn had a cancellation and I was able to get a haircut yesterday morning. It was the perfect time, 9:00 am. The salon was conducting a class for their apprentices and junior stylists on working on curly hair. I am not that much into the subject but it was interesting, especially the description of product. I asked Jenn what she is teaching in March, her specialty in teaching is color especially in the red tones but she added it is the hair subject she is the most communicative to others on. She added that she has tried to instruct on the subject of foundational cuts, but she approaches haircuts as art and she goes where her creative spirit and art take her. I loved that! You wouldn't think that with my hair you'd need anything creative to go on. She of recent stylists in my life gets it, how I want my haircut. It used to be the front part of my hair got very heavy but now as hair thinning is taking place, the problem area is the crown of my head. Are you just glued to your seats to find the resolution in all of this? Well, it is not so much about my hair as it is with Jenn's creative talent and the process of creating. I should get her a copy of Walking On Water by Madelene L'Engle. 

*********

This post has kind of taken a backseat to life this week. We have had a lot demanding our attention. The mornings haven't given a chance for much writing. I believe we are sticking around the house today and will definitely will tomorrow with the wind chill at -1. This should be our third weekend in a row with snow. I saw a forecast for February and it begins cold but warms up toward the end of the month. I do like that but of course relying on forecasts that far out, well, they are not believable. 

We thought at least one pair of dress pants had made it to the mountains, but alas, they were all taken in the robbery, as well as dress shirts. We ordered two pairs of pants and we are still looking for a deal on one or two dress shirts. This came to our attention when we were planning to go to a funeral this week. When I got home Roy relayed the discovery as well as no news on my medical coverage. Those factors as well as maybe thinking about his brother, he wasn't quite ready to go to a funeral just yet. We dropped off the cake for the family meal afterwards. 

A friend asked me yesterday how I liked having Roy here 24/7. The response, I love it. We are finding our pattern to mornings and the rest of the day. He being more structured than me, needs that discipline for his mornings and the beginning of the day. That works because I like blogging in the early morning. Well, early for me. I enjoy days where we don't have to go anyplace and he is starting to welcome that as well. He still has lots of Toastmaster Zoom meetings as he wraps up his duties with that and has found a group here he enjoys as well as a once a month group where I think you have to be DTMs to attend. He has stayed consistent with his workout program and now he is debating on whether he really wants a gym membership or not. Of course, winter snow and ice are jading his thinking process on this right now, but who knows. He has made quite the mini workout space that is easily put away in the bonus room and once it warms up and we've cleared out a few more boxes, he will have a spinning bike to add to his routine. 

The Feral Fam has been fed and depending on the cat, they are going about their normal routine. Some napping in the garage and others playing a fierce game of tag up on the gravel road. Yep, get that energy out because this afternoon starts the cold and maybe snow...and wind...but mainly cold. 

No comments: