Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Prone to Wander, Prone to Wonder

 Good morning from the winter wonderland, but not wanderland because NDOT is asking that people not get out and about unless they absolutely have to. Izzy has left the area but we are now experiencing the back flow from the storm. Little flakes of snow are falling. Looks rather tranquil after watching the snow blowing in, with large flakes yesterday. We are forecasted not to get above freezing today. 

We have finished with Ezekiel and start Daniel this Sunday, the first chapter. Is it wrong that I ate the last donut for the snow mornings as I read the chapter? Technically, the popular Daniel fast is not really a fast and according to Heathline, The Ultimate Daniel Fast, and other resources, most if they participate, the fast should last ten days to three weeks but the training period was three years, so I am conflicted. Guess I will eat the last of my donut and think on these things. 

Yesterday, being a cold day, I dressed warmly even without any plans of going outdoors. I wore an insulated long sleeve Cuddle Dud shirt, long sleeve shirt and then a heavy flannel shirt. My jeans were lined with flannel. I did stay warm. Today, not going to that extreme although we probably won't get out of freezing temps, I am dressed once again in a layered, warmer look. The key to keeping warm? Warm feet, that is for sure. 

While going through these containers of memories, I feel like the view is from a completely different set of eyes and emotions. The last time I went through all these things, 2011. Getting into the ready position to move to Cinco Ranch. I got rid of so much then and now I need to get rid of this like I did back in the day, only there seems to be a more critical eye on some things and a little more sentimental feelings in the mix. Going back through the years, especially of Christmas, vacation or various holidays one cannot miss how uncomfortable my father looks. You can see the distant look saying, I'd rather be somewhere else, with someone else than these people. No smiles just dead compartmentalized eyes. The pictures were captured in what should be happy celebrations but he is decidedly unhappy and the happiness would only return at someone's misfortune or from a situation he orchestrated with the use of sabotage.   


If this pic doesn't say Merry Christmas, glad Jesus was born and we can celebrate, well butter my biscuits, I don't know what does. I have also been giving extra time at looking at pics with my mother. She was trendy and beautiful and I didn't realize that till last year. There have been many wonderful moments in life that overshadows those times in childhood and seeing pictures of all the fun stuff is gratifying. Doug and I say often, we are so thankful for our mom because she brought fun and light to certainly a dismal and miserable situation. Again, it hasn't been until recently that I think of my mom and the effect he had on her life. My mom had such a great sense of whimsy. There is a storage box in the garage that holds the clay pot family she made me...and I feel sure most of them are broken. I am not quite ready to face that reality yet but I did find the heart pillows with faces she made for me. 

The Feral Fam are rather a smart group at times. While all huddled up today, they put a chair cushion against the window, helping with a cold draft. 

Today, once again, Roy digs us out of the snow, well the car and truck. The neighbors did our road and Roy shoveled the big hunks aside. He got snow and ice off our vehicles too. He worked hard being a newbie to the snowfall. He was careful too realizing it could be rather slick out there on steep inclines. 

*************

It has been a month since Roy was robbed at gunpoint in Mobile Al at the I 65 Holiday Inn Express. They sent me a text yesterday offering rates just for me to stay there again. Are you kidding me? This is the first reach out they have done and they never published my review of their hotel. Some things have moved quickly in getting reconciled and other things are not. We have hit a glitch in one particular area that needs to be resolved quickly. We were tied up with the details yesterday and the whole day concentrating on resolution. Hopefully, the resolution comes today. What a mess but we trust the Lord and I am the one having the trust issues because I am so frustrated with the whole thing. Even in the frustration, we got some stuff done. Even in frustration there is so much to be thankful for, especially that Roy is here, never physically harmed or hurt in the robbery. We have read so many accounts of similar type robberies where the ending was not a good outcome. 

The snow stopped late yesterday morning. Today we get above freezing. We got more boxes emptied and we were surprised to find a couple of surprises in the boxes. I believe we have enough Band-Aids to last for years and years and years. We found Roy's pasta bowls, all of this in boxes he thought were from the office. The everyday silverware that I especially liked, was in that box as well as three of my favorite glasses for ice tea. 

Baby was here this morning. He comes by from time to time. He was up in the corner with the blankets. Toupee and Blazey were inside with the kits. From the look of the snow in the backyard, lots of little paw prints so guess some of these enjoy the snow. 

Well, there are things to do...or not do if we are not so moved. Maybe we can get things gathered for an eventual trip to Habitat. Roy is in a Zoom meeting and I am going to fix my breakfast and then work on the lesson for Sunday. 

No comments: