Friday, January 14, 2022

Will We Have A Winter Wonderland?

 Everything is indicating a winter wonderland this weekend. The appetizer is this evening but the main event looks to be Saturday into Monday. We may need to reschedule the truck maintenance again scheduled for Monday. 

We took a lovely trip over to TN yesterday and that included a stop at Walmart. Lovely and Walmart are usually not two words that I string together. It isn't a super store and gasp, they have checkout lines, more than one or two open. We went in to get the needed office supplies and some medical supplies that are much cheaper than anywhere else. Then we went to Food City and may I saw, what a treat! Got Roy stocked up on Dr Enuff, they still had their store made party mix, heavy on Chex cereal my fav, and cat food. They have more cat food on their shelves than any other store. Of course we bought more than those things. We came back via Mars Hill. We stopped at Ingles to get orange cokes on sale, then came home on the river road. Ice still clinging to the rocks and the river, I think it is the most beautiful in the winter. The water is a turquoise shade.

Once we arrived home, we were down for the duration. We had planned to take more stuff to Habitat but Roy had some meetings to schedule on Zoom and stuff like that. I kind of just took it easy, which is a lot easier for me to do than Roy. He wants more structure to his days and I say, go for it. I am trying to read more this year. Last year was a bust for reading. I am almost finished up with the book about the women in Truman Capotes life. Now you might be saying, uh, is that a one page book? Nah, he loved to hang around these women who were ultra wealthy and in todays vernacular, influencers. From the book the theme is, he really did not respect the intelligence of his "swans" and when he turned on them in written form, they exiled him forever from their circle. He had to look for celebrities who would keep him entertained but he no longer had the perk of financially beneficial. This week's lesson in SS is on values and I think reading these stories where the name changes but the result is the same, highlights exactly what the fine folks at Lifeway are trying to say. 

After a few things like being robbed at gunpoint, paperwork, government bureaucracy, more paperwork and the like...retirement is not for weaklings. Oh my, we have gone through the ringer on so much stuff with a new wrinkle in the works to iron out, other things are easy and rolling along. But thankfully, Roy loves tedious work, it just affects me and I go down with the vapors. Okay, I don't do that either but it is wearisome. 

We got to The Fresh Market this morning and filled up with the $5.00 deals, shrimp cocktail, pizza, sliced oranges and tuna salad. Then we went to Ingles because no one likes, okay it's me that doesn't like to be in a storm, be it hurricane or snowstorm, without something sweet to eat. I believe we have more sweet stuff in the house than anytime before. We also picked up bread and milk cause that is what you do when a winter storm and Jim Cantore are on the way to North Carolina. 

***********

The Feral Fam were in full force this morning. Biggio is back and nearly caused me to fall. Glad I have strong upper body strength and righted myself with the railing. Got everyone fed and it was a happy only one growl group. It isn't as cold this morning but guess we have some days ahead that will dip mighty low. I am preparing for the SS lesson but think we might not have church with snow on snow. Who knows? Well, God does. Last week in the Ezekiel lesson God asks Ezekiel, can these bones live? EZ answers, only you know. I like that response. 

We are planning on sticking close to the house unless we need to leave due to the wrinkle in paperwork or something noteworthy comes in the mail box. I love these kinds of days. Yesterday, on the way to The Fresh Market, Roy and I were talking about how we've changed over time...mostly good stuff, happy to report. He is learning a little bit about relaxing yet keeping his need for structure. He just asked me if I was eating breakfast soon...nope, it is an ease into the morning kind of day. I will get there. 

While going through boxes I found the red notebook that served as a journal, notes to self and attempts at poetry. One poem in particular got my attention and it was almost prophetic. When I unpack the boxes again to get rid of scenery pics, that will help with room, I just might copy it onto a post. The poem was about walking on a beach but thinking of the mountains where I would find joy and peace. At the point of life this was written, I had not spent anytime in the mountains, but many a day on the beach. 

Hopefully, I will be productive today, not so much yesterday. Roy kept asking are you tired? Nope, just taking it easy, filling the tank for energy needed in the coming days. 

No comments: