Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Life In This Past Week Part Two


Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor, nature and water

Let's see, where were we? Oh yes, we had just left the luncheon after the service. Friends and church members prepared a lovely smorgasbord. We got to visit with Jared and his girlfriend Madeline. She is a CPA so you know that she and Roy had so much to talk about...Jared and I just stared off in the distance dreaming of other conversations. Haha! I wish Sprint would bring back the little alien man that was on the flip phone. That animation could keep me entertained for long periods of time. I talked with Jessica, niece, who is a soccer coach at Florida Tech. She said last year she and her team got "stuck" in Western North Carolina when a hurricane made travel home impossible. They got to use the practice fields for Western North Carolina in Slyva...  They also got to do some hiking. Jason and Jennifer know Jenny J, so it is a small world...Jennifer works or worked for Jenny's long time assistant.

We left the luncheon and not getting to spend much time together...we headed....straight for...the....shopping area. What did you think I was going to write? Anyway, since the beginning of time or at least since the beginning of our marriage, I am the main shopper of clothes for Roy. We found some great shirts but forgot to look at pants. Oh well....then we went to the best Home Good Store I have ever been in....the one in Shreveport tops the one in Katy. It is all Home Goods and we found a lot of really good stuff, some of it needful. Anyway, it is always fun to re-introduce Roy to the whole Home Goods shopping experience. The aisles are too narrow, you have to sort through things to find the best stuff and there is an etiquette to the check out line.

Still full from lunch, we opted out of dinner and just snacked. We were both so tired. Lots of emotions to process for Roy. His youngest brother called him in the early evening asking if he wanted to meet him and his older brother at Buffalo Wild Wings, but Roy declined the offer electing to spend more time with me. Now that is a wonderful hubby. On Saturday morning we began gathering up all our stuff. I had brought Roy a lot of Dr. Enuf and White Lily flour for biscuit making. Also a lot of apples. He in turn brought my I Love Lucy pajamas, a red leather jacket and a heavier jean jacket. Oh and a primitive bench that didn't make it here in the last trip in 2016. Then we went to Academy. We found the shoes that Roy has been looking for and we loaded up on a bunch of LSU fan gear. It was a fun experience being in Louisiana on Alabama and LSU game day...and then night came and that is a whole nother story.  We came back to the hotel and finished loading up and then headed over for lunch at El Chico. Yes, more Mexican food and it was sooooo good!

After lunch, sadly...we went our separate ways for now. It was a long drive or so it seemed to Meridian where I stayed the night. In fact I stayed at the same hotel in 2014 when on the last day of my month in Asheville, we talked with a mortgage broker because the offer on the house we now own had been accepted by the seller. We left in the early afternoon and made it to Meridian that night. Now back to the present...Supper was at Cracker Barrel cause it is close by and meatloaf sounded really good. Ironically, the sound for the CBS station did not work on the TV in the room. So I tuned in to LSU radio...it would have been great if LSU had won but since there is a seven second delay I watched the play and then had to hear it a few seconds later. That first drive looked good when they stopped Alabama from scoring...but I went to sleep at halftime.

This is the second time I have traveled on fall back weekend and it is confusing to say the least. Been in central time, then an hour back, then going into eastern time the next day. At least the watches I took didn't need changing cause the hour back made ET, Central Time and I had already made that adjustment. Are you confused? I still am. I have not reset all the clocks in the house either.

Sunday morning it was up early and back to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Then on the road. The timing of everything with the weather was a consideration since I would be in between systems. Arrival in Chattanooga was about 12:30. Went straight to the mall and did some shopping at Home Goods, Barnes and Noble, Belk, Academy and a return to Home Goods. That Shreveport store has really spoiled me. Lunch was delicious and at Abuela's. Yes, cheese enchiladas with chili gravy and I think this was the best chili gravy of the trip. Checked into the hotel and slept like a baby. Monday, up early and on the road with a side stop at Merceir's Orchard. Picked up some goodies and got back on the road and arrived a little after noon. Cali was here to greet me only because she was hungry, but I will take it.

No comments: