Thursday, October 21, 2021

Getting Back Into The Swing of Things

 35 degrees and feeling fine. It is a little cooler than forecasted but this must mean boots, jeans and flannel days are here. I've snuck in a few flannel days and boots have been year round muck boots, but it is time to get fall and winter boots out of the storage containers. I am easily amused and entertained and this is very entertaining, the thoughts of the fall combo. 

The Feral Fam were mostly in the garage when breakfast time arrived. First morning of putting out full cans with dry food mixed in to help them keep warm. Toupee, she greeted me and was ready for some head rubbing and petting. Junior didn't hiss at me this morning. I think it was just too cold for him to expend the energy. It's like he has to do that and then is a bit sheepish looking while I gather all the things to get food to them. He tries to do that slow eye close thing, but he isn't very good at it. It is more of a mean look squinty face. Baby was here this morning and Junior defers to Baby. So, it has become the norm when Baby is around, to put two dishes out for them. Junior fights everyone else away from his special place and dish. No Biggio this morning, so I don't know what to think. Well, mainly I am thinking King Herod. He has been on the margins of late and making everyone uneasy. I am thankful he is not around here all day. I do not like him, at all and believe he is at the core of every missing or hurt member of the Feral Fam. At least for another week, in the mornings when first going out to the garage, I will look for this lanky short haired black and white cat, filled with energy and always ready for a snack or a meal and like with the others, that anticipation will fade and their presence is only in beloved memories of a short time here. 

What a delight to see Dena teaching in Dayspring yesterday. I am thankful for Zoom. They are in Explore the Bible just like our class here. Colossians 1 and her approach to Christ is All over All, holding everything together and in this, while such a great expanse, there is the simplicity of God's Word that pulls and attracts us to Him. She mentioned the water colored Bible pictures that my brother sent me along with pictures and some of the grandfather's things. If you grew up in a Baptist Sunday School or most likely any denomination in the 1950s and 1960s, you remember these type of pictures of well known and loved stories from the Bible. I remember the pictures that Doug sent were in a hall linen closet, guess from when my mom either taught Sunday School or Training Union. From time to time over the years I would check Etsy or Amazon to see if I could find anything like them. A couple of months ago I found an old children's Bible stories book, that had those types of pictures in them. Then the beloved pics from childhood showed up on one of the saddest days of the year for me.   

*******

Tuesday morning held a bit of a surprise or maybe more of a lack of remembering. When it came time to leave for my haircut appointment, the windshield needed scraping due to the frozen participation and dew on the windshield and back window. First early morning out and about of the coolish to cold fall season. Also, road work on 26 so I detoured downtown. I haven't driven through downtown Asheville in quite sometime. Enjoyable views cause there wasn't too much traffic to contend with. 9:00 am is an early salon appointment, so very few people. Then onto Target which wasn't too crowded either. I have gotten to where I order and have shipped any shopping from Target but there are a few things I needed to pick up and made the quick trip. Also, a quick trip to Ingles and I was home. I had planned to get out again but there is something about getting my haircut that makes me so dang sleepy. I took a nap. 

The last couple of days I have read some funny takes on Scam Likely calls and supply chain issues. With the supply chain issues, people are bringing it to another level. In reality, it is interesting for each grocery store run or even at Target yesterday, was is in low or no supply. Once again, paper good aisles are looking a bit picked over. And Gatorade and Power Ade, not much in the grocery store. Not on my list but certainly noticeable when going down the soup aisle. I don't need soup, I cornered that market last year but I needed some chicken broth cause I believe I will make tortilla soup this week.

***********

I will finish this up and yes, I made tortilla soup and it was delicious. Froze most of it but have another bowl to enjoy today or tomorrow.  

I will have to stop calling Asheville Cardiology, stupid Asheville Cardiology. I called yesterday to make an appointment and I actually have an appointment this afternoon. Now that friends is a miracle. Had a bad night of afib or flutter just as I went to bed. So, I was up most of the night. This just came out of the blue, this bout of fib and flutter. This morning in FB memories, it is dawning on me that October has been an active heart issue month in the past. So, who know. Since 2018 no problems...

Ate a protein packed breakfast and hopefully that will sustain me for the morning and early afternoon. I like spring and summer doctor appointments. Clothes weigh a lot less then. So do shoes.  


No comments: