Wednesday, December 8, 2021

In Times of Experiments

 The experiment begins. I am not going to take the morning dosage of the new med this morning. I have an appointment for a flu shot and really, truthfully, I do not want to nearly faint or faint in CVS. Hmmm, I wonder if the care card would get a discount on ambulance service? When I take the new med alongside of the other heart med, my pulse is going down into a resting rate in the 40s. When that happens, I have no energy and feel the significant need to rest. Well, maybe this could work to my advantage in the future...don't want to vacuum and such, pop one of those heart meds and go down like a rag, limp and totally useless. 

I had energy yesterday afternoon, so I continued working in the front bedroom. That room and the dining room table seem to hold much of life that doesn't have a place or needs a place. Last week with the furniture rearranged and with all the daybed coverings washed, dried and returned to their useful place I began working in the closet, the closet of promise of projects that get dashed after a few months. I had a tennis friend who had a whole room dedicated to her unfinished projects. We used to ride bikes a lot through the Memorial area and when she placed her bike in that room, I knew she wasn't going to ride much after that. She had a weaving loom, easels with unfinished paintings, a sewing machine that held an unfinished work, her tennis racquets and of course stacks of books. She lived in a beautiful home and her husband was one of the handsomest men ever. She was beautiful. When those two walked into a busy restaurant, people stopped and stared at one of the most beautiful couples anyone would ever see. We went out to dinner with them a couple of times and just because of their looks, complementary food always filled the table. He liked to talk, a lot, but I didn't mind cause then I got to look at him legitimately and not sneak a peek.  Yet with all the money, experiences that came through her godfather, not the mafia kind, but the oil and gas kind, the best looking man in all the county, she was so unhappy. I talked with her constantly about this and the answer for her but she always came back with the same story. She once knew a woman in the tennis world, that was a Christian and as soon as she could put a notch on her belt of winning another one for the Kingdom, she dropped the friend and went onto finding another conquest for God. My friend always expressed that I would do the same thing. What is funny is this, she dropped me as a friend.  We lost touch but heard they sold their Memorial home, moved out to a horse ranch in Cypress and then I had heard, moved to Colorado. I always wondered if she kept a "room" in her new homes and did the horses move in once she tired of them? 

Well, that was one bunny trail when only telling of cleaning out a closet. 

Another week, another lesson on Ezekiel. This is a hard book. I got to the point on Monday that I Googled Up, Ezekiel for Dummies. After reading and rereading the commentary and lesson quarterly, which is so unusually helpful. I didn't think I would every say that about Lifeway Sunday School material. The scene, the background, the context came clearer and then I saw the lesson for Sunday. That's good cause I was thinking we might draw Christmas trees or something cause, Ezekiel is hard but finding out that studying this book is so rewarding. At least this week and last. Oops, that doesn't sound like faith, nah, it's hope. 

The flu shot was uneventful, yay! I asked for the single dose cause I got the double dose in 2019 and it about did me in side effect wise. Never had I ever reacted to a flu shot. Picked up a few groceries afterwards and came on home. I do feel a nap coming on but that could be just a normal day every once in a while. 

I think the experiment is working. I have not had one low energy time nor have I felt a little lightheaded. Maybe just taking the new med just at night is the best option right now. The difference in how I feel is night and day. My resting heart rate is in a normal range. There isn't a realistic way to keep feeling how I was feeling. 

Just talked to Roy and he is off for his last appointment with his Dr before leaving Houston. Had his eye Dr appointment and has a dentist appointment coming up. Getting all those last minute things out of the way. He received the nicest email from his landlord. Said he had been an ideal tenant. Yep, that would be Roy. 

Well, in the pursuit of welcoming Roy to his home, I am once again making room. So that means I have some work to take care of and oh the joy, I have energy to do so. 

No comments: