Well, it happened. I was standing near the remaining blackberries that needed to be picked. Roy said something funny and I opened my mouth and laughed, then something larger than a gnat but smaller than a fly flew into my mouth. Shocked, yes, and swallowed, yuck! It kind of got stuck in my throat and with this dilemma, I ran to the garage spitting loogies as I went and got a bottle of lemonade. Didn't help, so I went in the house, ate a few cookies, drank the rest of the lemonade and then threw up just a little. Enough to get the bug and yes, I made it to the bathroom to deposit said bug out of my system. Meanwhile, Roy had gone into the yard to pick plums. I'm reminded of a song from childhood;
There was an old woman who swallowed a fly,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly,
Thank goodness I didn't swallow a fly. I did learn something in all of this, I am a pretty good spitter. Yes, just another one of those womanly arts....mastered.
I am another year older today. So thankful cause there were days I didn't think I'd make it to live this long. In 2008, said five years, ten is I was lucky and I am going on eighteen years this year. God is so good! I woke up after midnight because my toes were cramping...hmmm didn't I just read something the other day about this? I stirred enough to wake up Roy which is a difficult task after midnight. He started singing Happy Birthday to me, with his mouth guard on. Ah, melodious and off key but beautiful. By choice today is an ease into the day kind of day. Even got a birthday nap in cause I didn't have a good sleep night.
In our Circle Joy yesterday we studied about rejoicing, joy and giving thanks. So I welcome along with cramped toes, a little bit of dizziness, and hearing aides, these wonderful blessings of ageing out of several things. The biggest one, jury duty. Yeah, I'm less than stellar of wanting to do that. I did have Fort Bend jury duty once and the case was settled before they called jurors. So the judge feeling some civic responsibility didn't let us leave right then and there, no he gave us a history lesson which really was very interesting. Just about at colonoscopies and mammograms age out age. The lesson yesterday was great and such lively discussion and sharing. The homework ended with Habakkuk 3, even though, yet and feet like hinds feet like a deer on the mountains.
Here in the midst of summer when one tires a bit of the enthusiasm one experiences at the beginning of spring, you have to keep taking care of everything even though you'd just like to sit inside. We were out in the evening and it had cooled off tremendously. Roy watered the tomatoes and some of the flowerbeds. He pulled more vine from hell off of shrubs and then we felt the little bitty drops of rain. We closed up shop and in short order the rain fell and fell at a good pace. Told him he had primed the pump to get that rain to come on down.
Our American Plums are doing so well. We got out there this afternoon since Mike came by and mowed to pick plums and tomatoes. We got so involved with harvesting I totally lost track of time and realized too late I wouldn't make it in time for choir. We've not been able to get out there or in the backyard to kill Japanese Beetles and to dead head roses and such. Cut back the wild blackberries.
I am looking forward to this next year of conquering challenges and finding contentment in ordinary days. It is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment