Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Got Nothing

I got nothing. Feel like I am in a blogging funk. There are some things I have been thinking through and studying but all of that is so serious. I don't think it is at a point where I can write about it. With December coming on so soon, I am in the process of starting my day later so I can have the energy I need for some things coming up in December which happen to be at night. I find myself dog tired by 6:00 pm most days and try to stay awake at least till 9:00 pm. While I am enjoying life to the fullest my energy and ability level is reduced considerably. So I have to say no to quite a few things I would rather say yes to. Well, I am totally bored with this subject matter.



Although the holidays aren't my favorite time of year, there are things about the holidays that I do love.

  • Peppermint/chocolate chip shakes at Chicky
  • Balsam scented candles
  • Winter Forest soap
  • Holiday theme Starbuck coffees in red cups
  • Nordstrom doesn't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving
  • Customer Appreciation Night at the Nord. So much fun! So many points.

Buddy and I are on the outs. This morning she bit my wrist when I was sound asleep. I woke up yelling, which of course Roy was thrilled by, and she took a swipe at my face but she missed and I kind of think on purpose. We have been ignoring each other. Think we are warming up to each other this evening.

After Bible study today, Peggy and I went across the street from the church we meet at for lunch. A little neighborhood place. Our conversations run the gamut of all types of various subjects. After that I ran over to the outdoor mall at Cinco Ranch to look at Eddie Bauer's for shirts for Roy. I also looked at a couple of shops that were nearby. The sky was clouding up with some awfully dark colors. So I headed back into home.

This weeks homework was interesting. We all seemed to get hung up on the same series of questions. We have lots of rabbit trails on subject matter but our core group leader keeps us on task, well most of the time. One verse jumped out at me and into my heart from this week's study, "We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help." This was a part of Jehoshaphat's prayer in II Chronicles 20:12b I am looking at some situations that I have no clue what to do about them. I have no answers. I don't even have questions, I just got me some situations that I haven't a clue about. Now there is a verse to pray and to look to God for help. Hmm...guess I do have something...

3 comments:

Sylvia's Song said...

Nancy,

In response to today's monablog, I am writing from a farm in Northeast Arkansas while visiting for a few days my college roommate with the sun shining and breezy cool. I spoke with a friend this morning in Houston and learned that 7 inches of rain is expected in Houston today. I pray God's protection on everyone today in Houston when we get alot of rain.

No wonder you don't feel like much. I remember teaching elementary school years ago and when it rained for long periods of time or the sun never shone, my elementary students just went bezerk is the only way I know how to describe it. After 15 years of teaching elementary I took a leave of absence never to return to that venue. Something about how the atmospheric conditions affects the psyche of the human mind etc. is defintiely real in the classroom and I dare other situations as well. Thank you Jesus for what I learned from teaching elementary public school and that I now have experienced several other careers.

Another thought as you concluded your blog I remembered Robert J. Morgan's The Red Sea Rules that Pastor Greg introduced to the congregation as the work began on the renovation of our sancuary several years ago. I can't remember where on the list, but I know it was somewhere in the middle...it says "When unsure of what to do, just take the next logical step by faith. Well I think that says it all.

May God bless you richly as you REST in Him to receive more JOY than you can imagine.

You are such a huge blessing to me.

Sylvia V.

FitzandMolly said...

I too, got nothing.

Grami's girls said...

Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving!