Friday, February 16, 2018

It's All About The Monitoring

So today is day one of wearing a monitor...no, I'm not under house arrest but late yesterday afternoon, I got the patch. Things sure have come far since the last time of heart monitoring when it was a device on a lanyard and you had to make calls for the data to be received. Now they are patches to be worn from 5-9 days with a smart phone that needs to be within ten feet of you. The monitor is constantly receiving and then sending information about the happenings or non happenings. So, I will be monitored until March 16. The process took much longer than it should have because the monitor person was looking at the next days appointments thinking they were the current day. It was disheartening to sit there and have people called back who just arrived. For a moment the thought occurred that I could be helping the cleaning staff if I tarried there much longer. I really do like Asheville Cardiology but this is the second time of falling through the cracks and the count might go up to three times because the surgery scheduler did not call yesterday like they told me she would.

Mama Cat and Deadbeat Dad after a days absence showed up this morning after serving breakfast. She is sitting on the deck with her eyes fixed on the window almost commanding me to come out there with food. Yes, I saw she and Deadbeat come crawling out of the meadow above us or maybe that should be pasture. He has already headed out and left the family behind. No, now he's back joining in the staring process.

Yesterday was a long day and the night was fraught with interruptions and lack of sleep. Once again I went to bed early and once again there was a major interruption to that plan. The sound of something big falling and crashing awakened me. I kind of knew what the sound was I just had to guess which bedroom it came from. My first hunch was the right one. The fixture for hanging clothes had torn away and broke just like one did in my closet last year only this time it is the closet where Roy keeps his stuff. I did the minimal just to be able to close the doors and be like Scarlet O'Hara and think about that tomorrow. Told Roy this morning. He's going to call our contractor to see if any of the guys on his crew do odd jobs or I might see if Taylor would like to tackle the job. He does contracting work on the side. I'm not going to worry about it right now, it is a late into next week kind of thing. So the day was long because it started early. Something that I enjoy is going for breakfast before my hair appointment at Corner Kitchen and for the first time I ate upstairs. The table was by a window that looks out onto the street and across the way, through the red bud trees, the steeple of All Souls Church could be seen. It is the church that George Vanderbilt built for his village outside his estate. Had the usual Biltmore Breakfast with a side of bacon. After my haircut I ran a few errand there in the village and then headed over to Target. A good Target run and next a Barnes and Noble stop with a coupon involved. Since I was in the vicinity and still had time before my monitor appointment, I made a quick look see at Home Goods...oh who am I fooling, there is never a quick look in a Home Goods. That was fun and with about an hour and a half to fill, it seemed like a good day to drive though the Biltmore Estate.  Lots of work being done there and I was joyfully surprised to see they had some sheep and lambs out in the pasture. So, that is a must stop and it was quite the relaxing thing to do before what turned out to be a little bit of a stressful wait at the cardiology office.

It was a warm day, the warmest since November. It was enjoyable but it also nailed down the point that I had seemed to have forgotten, well kind of...that heat affects me. Coupled with the two nights previously of not being able to sleep well, the warmth of the day zapped energy out of me left and right.

This warm day is beginning to turn a bit cooler. You can feel the mist in the air and the skies have gone from dark blue to light to silver to gray and bluish gray. Roy contacted our contractor and he is sending over someone at the end of next week to fix or replace all the closet hardware. He will also have his bid ready for the work to begin on the back porch. Exciting times for sure.

This morning when I did not respond to the stare, MC took the kiddos and Deadbeat up to the farm above us and they were gone most of the day. They weren't around when I came back from Walmart and then a little later Publix. Since getting home I have occupied my attention to the kitchen floors and a little flash of black and white caught my eye. The kiddos were back so it was food prep time and got supper out to them and we will see if MC and DB show up.

Buddy decided mopping the floor wasn't for her so she is upstairs and now I need to finish up that chore and fix supper.

No comments: