Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Three Days of Catching Up

It has been a multi slacking day with a few bursts of productivity thrown in for good measure. How Roy knows I am on my way to Walmart is a phenomenon that defies logic.  It has been several months since I had been there and it is the closest place to get some of this junk. It was not a waste of time because who and what are around come this fall and winter that belong to some part of the Feral Fam have a new tent of napping and playing. The one out there now has become a little worn with the wear and tear of play. Now to keep pool noodle prices or rather clearance prices is the next thing. The cashier at Walmart asked if I was going camping...because along with the tent I found some fold up chairs for a good price. Uh no, camping days are over, to tell you the truth they barely began before they came to a stop. The Walmart looked like winter storm or hurricane shopping had gone on the weekend before. So many shelves were empty, of stuff you wouldn't think would be depleted. They must be short handed because an announcement was made for workers from other stores to get their travel vouchers at 2:00.

Our interim pastor at church sure can preach and teach. His sermon yesterday was on Romans 12 and spiritual gifts. The past two Sundays have touched my spirit and at times a few tears have fallen. Not sad tears but happy ones.
*****************
Oh Tuesday, you have already been full. I tried to get out the door earlier than I have been and almost accomplished that. A couple of quick errands and I got home to make green sauce and to start the process of preparing blackberries for freezing. Such a fun time of year.

It looked like we had some fraudulent activity with my email and a grocery delivery service. I have checked everything and it all looks good. I did come across a 200.00 debit that was a mystery. The fine folks at the bank did some research and then it dawned on me to check an account and oops, I made a math error. Silly me and math. I had been keeping Roy informed and when he called he told me all the lights had gone off in his building downtown. What? He then asked, have you been playing around with Excel? That was our joke when I worked and called upon him for expert Excel help which meant he put together a spread sheet for me while he ate lunch. It was a dead giveaway that I didn't do it because the spreadsheet produced results...which is way beyond my Excel knowledge. Also, many times, they didn't want the true numbers that go with evaluation. They would rather count one person twice on Sunday attendance if someone attended two classes. Ah church world, glad to not work in that anymore. Anyway, think we got it all figured out and no groceries should be delivered...or charged to any account.

This morning Cali was out back sitting on one of the big rocks. I came out with food and she began to meow loudly...gee, I can't ascertain cat language. She began looking around the rocks and of course I thought, oh no Riley is stuck or something. Put out the food and decided to see what happened before I began rock climbing in my jammies. Sure enough, she was looking for Riley who comes out from underneath the deck and that silences Cali. My only lessons in animal talk is from watching Lassie and Lassie is a dog, a special dog who can bark out instructions. 
******************
It is taking too long to finish this up, so  guess I'll just finish this up. I almost caught a family portrait of Cali, Riley and Big Sissy Daddy this morning, but Cali blends into the background and can't really see her. Getting ready for another visit from a friend. Have the last work to be done by the oral surgeon tomorrow and let the crown making begin...the last of August. Next week will finally be the follow up appointment for the procedure in March at the cardiologist. Another foggy morning so who knows what the winter holds...some say warmer but others say colder and wetter. Who knows? I sure don't but I do know the trees and flowers are beginning that journey into fall with a few hints thrown about the countryside.

No comments: