Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday, But I Started Writing On Monday


Another trip to Charlotte is in the books and it can be a sad ride but just when I feel rather low those lovely mountains pop up on the horizon and yes, let it be said, they make me glad. It was 93 in Charlotte today. Ugh!

Our Chihuly Night at the Biltmore was wonderful. Not as many people as when Lisa and I went but it was almost about as warm. Knowing how Lisa and I had gone down into the garden to see the displays wore me out for the floating garden Chihuly, so Dena and I did that first after we went through the downstairs of the house. We were betting that with school beginning today it might be crowded but not with lots of little ones running about. No, it was all of us older folk making sure of our steps and hoping against hope we would not fall down or trip. It was a full moon last night and that and the regular features of the Biltmore took my attention. You really only see the house at night during Christmas so this is a rare treat. Before going over to the Biltmore, we stopped in at Turkey Creek for a quick bite of supper. We split a burger and it was so good!
******************
Because I needed to get to bed early last night, blogging stopped early too. It was a 5:45 am wake up call. It was a very foggy morning and it is also the second day of school, so that slowed me down a bit. Got to Dr. Burgon's office for the quick look see at the implants and the abutments they worked on before going to pick up Dena. This was scheduled early in order to get over to the dentist office where the first few steps of winding this up this project begins. I made it to the dentist office with one minute to spare. After Dr Hodges looked at everything he made the decision that my mouth needs another month of healing before the finishing work begins. I'd rather do that than have problems and it seems like every implant I have ever had encounters set backs and problems. No worries, we were able to get the follow ups scheduled. That put me out and about around 9:30. Went to Home Goods and Barnes and Noble, then a quick stop at Ingles.

With all the fog and school buses travel became a bit precarious. A mama deer and her two babies jumped out onto the road in front of the old French Broad School and collision was avoided. A bunch of ducks and geese took their time crossing the road a little ways beyond the deer encounter. Then the turkey family crossed the road a little farther down from the ducks and geese. It was a beautiful pageantry of nature.

I truly felt like an old lady this morning at the oral surgeon's office. My Dr is not there on Tuesdays so his associate looked at the results of the work and the healing caps. He seemed hesitant to release me but thankfully, I am in good hands with my dentist. Just a couple of things I said and the reaction therein, brought on the old lady feeling. Truly, even in the rehab hospital for my knees with several occurrences did not make me feel as old as I did today. Such a random thing, really. There are days I wish we could just wear granny clothes like our grandmothers did cause it would make getting dressed decisions much easier. Although, I'm not quite ready to wear Aunt Bea kind of clothes all the time. Right now I am older than Aunt Bea was on the Andy Griffith Show. Really it is bring on aging and I am writing this for about the tenth time, the wise words of Roy Monarch. On our way home from the Inn on the Biltmore Estate one year, while passing through Jackson MS, he said you deal with looks at one time or another in life. When younger, if beautiful, many things fall right into place for these people cause their appearance has bought them favor that most of us don't get. Then when they get older, there is a great deal of difficulty coming to terms with the facts and not fantasy. You see it in men and women, they stop in the glory years, continue to age but their clothes and hair might say...I am in my 20's. When you are not particularly attractive, this I am so much more familiar with, you deal with your looks much better as you age than in the "prime of life," As a young woman, you know and there are so many who remind you often, you're not pretty...oh maybe cute, but no one is going to turn a head unless they want to make fun of you. But now, being beautiful is not high on my list. It fades away and nothing is more sad than watching an old lady flirt, playfully, with younger men. Now I will admit my personality has bought me favor that others haven't received cause I hate to admit this, but there have been many times I have said things that no one else would get away with, without a ruffled feather or job write up.

So much to do and so little interest in getting it done, but chores await. I was telling Lisa P that my August has been overwhelmingly wonderful with her visit and with Dena's. Just icing on the cake to the friends here that are such a joy to love, be friends with and do life together. God has gifted me throughout life with some of the best friends and love that He is faithful in that in NC too.


No comments: