Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wrapping Up On A Wednesday

 The month of August is wrapping up with foggy mornings, the thick kind of fog. Although, we live in a small valley, so fog accumulates a bit more some days. Yesterday, I took G Mo to the vet for his snip snip procedure. The fog thick and early commuters along with trees being trimmed back on the river road made for a morning adventure. G Mo came through the procedure with flying colors and now the fun begins. No rough play for several days and that means keeping The Boys separated which is difficult. Now, they want to be together and G Mo came home famished from his procedure pre-fast. His diet should be light but the boy wants to eat. We let him this morning and then some meloxicam for the inflammation. Mr Mo is a tad lonely out on the porch without his cuzbro. Thus, he is wont to get into trouble like climbing up to the top of the screen. 

I would like to think maybe my email and comments to a national retailer of women's clothes helped change their policy. They have made pricing equal and they carry some big girl sizes in their stores now. These days I can wear pants in the smaller girl sizes but it certainly is welcomed. 

We are doing a two parter of Hezekiah. Such an interesting king and follower of God. We got to his prayer with the threatening letter all rolled out for the Lord to see. We looked at the threats that were made and how those tactics are the same time old tactics of our adversary. We also spent a little time discussing Hezekiah's tunnel. In 1988 it was not the spiffed up version that is available now. Our group went through it on an extra day we had in Jerusalem. The men who built it were short and fortunately for some reason, I brought the Eddie Bauer flashlight you put in your mouth thus freeing up your hands to cling to the side of the walls. 

Today, we need to slice peaches and get them ready for the freezer. We are loaded with strawberries and blackberries. Nothing like summer fruit in the cold of winter. The prediction this year is snowy December and shivering January and February. I have not seen any wooly worms to bear this out though. Someone put a picture of an asp, white deadly stinging caterpillar, on FB and said it will be a very snowy winter. Someone kindly told her, that is an asp and don't touch it cause it will burn and hurt immensely. When we were kids our mom wouldn't let us go barefoot in August because of the asps. Whatever trees that were in the front yard held an attraction for them to congregate. 

Roy sprayed the firs yesterday for bagworms. Even got up on a ladder to get the ones residing in the top. He will probably spray the apples trees for Japanese beetles this evening. Just have a few more ginger gold apples to pick and we are calling it quits for the season. 

***********

Day 2 of keeping The Boys separated has started. Let's just say no one is happy and I will leave it at that. 

In 1987 the book A Southern Family by Gail Godwin was published. I've had the book for years and it has made many moves. Yesterday, I finally began reading it. I knew in that long ago, a day would come when not satisfied with anything I am reading that it would come to the rescue. It was a slow start for me but I told Roy all the thoughts on patterns of life and such, well I loved to read that kind of thing back in the day. Now, not so much but I can appreciate her ideas. I think the story takes place in Asheville or maybe one of the smaller towns. I recognized some places as the characters describe where they are going or have been. Now in 1987 I would not have recognized anything relating to NC. 

I woke up last night and could not go back to sleep. Quietly as not to wake The Boys, I came downstairs and read. Slept in a little this morning.

Well, we put the boys to bed. We are exhausted from them as well as work outside in the side flowerbed. Getting those sunflower seeds ready to plant next winter. 

No comments: