Tuesday, September 11, 2018

We Remember But I Also Rejoice For The 2008 Miracle

The proverbial calm before the storm...while our area of the state will most probably experience wind and rain, we don't know how much. I read a brief Twitter thing today that most likely our lives are lived cyclically and not linear as we tend to think...like timelines, etc... I think I am a believer in that concept because this year in particular has had a cyclical feeling to it. Many things that happened in 2008 seemed to have a similar repeat pattern to it. In 2008 I went to a Living Proof Conference, I went to one this year. Dena and I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2008 and we thought long and hard about going on the Living Proof Alaskan cruise this year...I told Dena I was having some doubts about going and she did too, so we didn't go. There are other things that are so similar but I will not bore you with all of that.

Ten years ago today, I went to see a new Dr because I was fatigued, had trouble breathing and felt sick. I had no energy. A short distance might as well have been a mile or a million miles. The feeling was all the chemicals from the construction going on in the worship center at HFBC could be causing this reaction. A doc in the box told me I pleurisy, but my friend Carolyn told me to get another opinion and gave me the name of her Dr. I was able to see her and that is what I was doing ten years ago today. The next morning, the Dr herself called me and told me I was really sick and needed to see a cardiologist. She had gotten me an appointment for an echo cardiogram with a cardiologist she was familiar with. Long story short...Roy came home and took me to get the echo cardiogram and ended up seeing a Dr in the practice.  Only ten percent of my heart was working.

Ten years ago today, we were watching a hurricane that was forecasted to make a direct hit on Houston. Today, while not living on the coast, we await, here in the mountains, what Hurricane Florence will do. When I was in that Dr office ten years ago, normally they would have sent me straight to the hospital but because of the hurricane they deemed me not an emergency, sent me home with meds and wished me the best. In reality, they sent me home to die and were in shock when I showed up a week or so later for my appointment.

Ten years, the Dr told me that he gave me five years and if I made it ten years....it would be a miracle or divine intervention. Tomorrow I celebrate ten years...and I am praising God that He made my heart like new. Very little damage from everything that happened. In the big picture, yes there have been set backs and worries, procedures and surgery...but here I am, ten years later.
*******************
Yes, I made it to the 11th. Ten years, Praise the Lord!! He is the strength of my heart. The doctors were stunned that there was little damage to my heart and by the end of 2008, the doctor was calling me the Christmas miracle.

Seventeen years ago, we were supposed to be in New York City and Roy would have been at a conference in the World Trade Center. God kept me stirred up about the trip and I had no peace about us going. Roy listened and cancelled his trip plans.

Thankful today for ten years that the doctor didn't think I would make and for God's concern for us in 2001. I had been doing a study on seeing God in the everyday, He is there more than you realize, just look. So glad for that timely word.

The verse that resonated after 2001 and 2008, Zephaniah 3:17
 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing

But I also love the NLT version
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

#miracles #discernment #HeisanawesomeGod