Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Taco Tuesday, Only I Didn't Have Tacos Today

It is interesting to watch the interaction or the lack thereof between Cali and Riley. Several weeks ago Cali played hide and seek, chase and scare with Riley and then something inside must have triggered a thought in Cali that as much fun as she looked to be having, play time with Riley was over. I thought it would continue because Cali missed out on so much of this as she was growing up. MJ and Camo were thick and Mama Cat had lost interest in her present offspring, especially Cali. Cali smacked Riley around a little on Friday when Riley got a little too close and the memories of watching Cali get smacked around by Mama Cat returned. After she had the interaction she came close to me, about three feet away and laid down...looking at me. As long as I didn't move or make a sound, Cali stayed there. I think Cali is near to birthing those babies and her appearances for meals isn't as normal as usual...well, as normal as you get with feral cats. Riley still hangs around in the backyard. Yesterday, the tent of napping had to be taken down due to the rips and tears all over the tent. I'd be telling a story if I told you I wasn't scared pulling out the blankets and what's left of the styrofoam. Some mornings it is a full house with Big Sissy Daddy, Camo, Riley and Cali. Cali has been coming later in the morning and it comes to mind that she did this last time she was getting ready to bingo some babies. Riley is fun to watch as she makes up games to amuse herself. I left one of the big heavy drop cloths hanging over the deck rail. Riley uses that as a napping spot.

This morning was an early one for me because I took the truck in for its 5000 mile oil change...etc. Used the time wisely by reading our next book club selection. I love how Pat Conroy writes. He died several years ago and it is sad that there will not be anymore of his stories, unless they publish stories he was working on. With the truck ready a little after 10:00, it was straight over to the grocery store for a few things. Later in the day it was a post office stop and what I thought would be a quick trip to the Dollar Tree cause I was looking for a Trunk or Treat idea. Note to self do not go to the Dollar Tree right before school gets out. Oh my goodness, the line was so long and I should have put my stuff up and left, but a dollar for a drain mat...come on!
****************
As it usually happens, I got caught in Walmart again by Roy. From now on when I want him to call, I am going there and wait for a call. And just like yesterday in the Dollar Tree I got to feeling a bit claustrophobic in the checkout line. Why...why...why... do people push their cart or buggy as they say here, almost against you? And then when you are getting ready to pay there should be a fair amount of space between people. Yesterday cash and today American Express but if I was using a debit card...I would have to pull out some rarely used basketball skills and back into them to create some space. But there at Walmart while shopping, a great idea for insulation came to mind and I will try to incorporate that idea in the new tent of napping that will come out when it is a bit cooler.

We began a new Bible study this morning at church. We are doing the I Am statements of Jesus by Lysa, whatever her last name is. Her intro session was very good.

Riley and Cali were here for supper which was served a little earlier than usual. It looked like rain so they were served underneath an area that stays dry...for the most part. A little later it seemed like a good idea for treats. Cali let me get really close again and Riley kind of stayed around too. Cali hissed and swatted Riley when she got a little too close to her treats. Believe me, I try to keep them apart when it comes to food. Cali has already started acting like Mama Cat, guess it is ingrained in them. Cali is getting big so she should have those kittens soon enough. Buddy was a bit interested in them today, but being on the front porch is her desired place.


No comments: