Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Welcome, October!

Another taco Tuesday and I didn't have tacos. Didn't even think about it...dang. Anyway it has been about a week since last posting on the blog. This past week has been an interesting week in many ways but probably just interesting to me. So, I won't bore you with the particulars.

Today is the beginning of the end on these implants. Everything has healed nicely and at the end of October, if all goes well, they will be able to fit the crowns onto the abutments. I also had two cavities taken care of, one was an old one that needed to be redone. After almost two hours, the end of the appointment came and the call of Biltmore lured me over to the Estate. Roy and Doug's pass holder membership needed to be re-upped. Other than a Diet Coke, I think it is the first time I have gone and not really bought anything.

On Saturday it seemed good to make a trip to Johnson City. Roy wanted me to see if they had anymore of the tennis shoes he bough in the summer here. Didn't find any but the trip wasn't for naught because it was a successful trip to Barnes and Noble. Because Betty R has sent me videos and pictures of the town she lived in. Elizabethton has a beautiful downtown. It was a quick drive through for me but planning a return trip. On the way home, since it was a beautiful day, I took the long way home via Burnsville, Micaville and then onto the Parkway. I had never been that way and it was a spectacular drive. There is road work on the road out of Micaville and I had an interesting conversation with the woman holding the Stop/Slow sign. We are reading a Pat Conroy book for book club and he wrote about being conscious of  stories being given to you. This woman is one of those stories that came into my life. I have taken so many notes and have tried to configure everything to make an interesting story. This was a very interesting person.

And we have kittens! Three of them and they are almost like Cali's first litter. I got to sneak a glance at them yesterday. Cali might have moved them this evening. I try to act like I don't know where they are because cats will move their kittens multiple times if they feel like any human or her dicey sister Camo are too interested.
************************
Good news, Cali and her kittens are still in the olive bucket. You can see through the small slits in the bucket lots of movement as those kittens are growing and will soon have open eyes and will be prone to wander, Lord I feel it. An update, Cali has moved her kittens somewhere toward the front of the house. She did this with her last litter too. Again, when she had them in the olive bucket, she once again displayed her street smarts. Part of the bucket has rusted away and any little poops from her kittens fell through onto the old Carolina Wren bird nest built in the spring. She showed up for supper and she and Riley are getting along again. Must have been those pregnant emotions Cali was having to rough up Riley just a bit. He, I'm thinking Riley is a he now cause he is acting like his RIP Uncle MJ, anyway, he has stayed near Cali and keeps Camo at a reasonable distance from his mom. I love seeing that.

Last week while picking up prescriptions the offer of this year's flu shot with no line was just tempting enough to go ahead and prepare for the season ahead. Last year I didn't get the flu shot till this year in March. Not going to do that again but thankful for elderberry syrup that pretty much kept me healthy through those tough cold and flu months. I had to be cold free for the completion of some dental surgery and for my heart procedure early on this year.

Got a fun package in the mail today. All kinds of neat stuff but that happens when you accidentaly have an order sent to Houston, so there was that but there were some fun other things in the box too. T-shirts and office supplies get me every time.

My neighbor Mary Joyce is having her front porch screened in and it is looking nice. We were talking the other day and she said she sure hoped I didn't mind her copying...no way! I love her! She was out there painting new boards for the porch and I asked if she wanted to use our sawhorses. No, she assured me she liked bending over and painting. Said it was exercise for her. When Mike the Mower Man is too slow in getting her yard mowed, she gets out her push mower and does a section around her house. Mike has been more regular, weekly, than last year.

So, that is about all for an update. You might be thinking, Law, what if she had told us more and with details. Well, since I teach on Job this Sunday morning, enough suffering has gone on here. 


No comments: