Monday, October 8, 2018

Still Waiting on Fall

Welcome 86 degrees today! What? No way.... I have flannel shirts, boots, soup, hot tea and pumpkins waiting in the wings to be worn and eaten...  Maybe next week they say we will finally get a bit of fall or maybe move onto winter. The leaves are sorta of turning colors but nothing like in years past. No, I am not complaining just making an observation because I could be in Houston right now fighting heat and humidity. Once again I will have to mention that this has been the most spidery year here and they just keep on a coming. You can throw in a few stink bugs into the mix.

This morning our lesson was in Job...uh, we have been in Genesis, so that threw me for a curve. Honestly, I had a bad attitude about it at first but you know, you pray and ask the Lord to show you how to teach the lesson and not only teach but apply it to my life. I came out of it in a much better mood than I thought.

Yesterday was a very special treat. Over the past year or so I have become friends with Lora who works at The Blue Rooster and since they aren't open on the weekends, we took advantage of that Saturday and went to The Farmer's Daughter. The weather was perfect for a convertible. We had a delicious lunch and shopped at Mountain View for a few items, then drove a bit around the countryside and then headed back to the great state of North Carolina. Oh, we stopped at a couple of produce stands and it is sad that produce stand season will soon be coming to a close. We both found little pumpkins. I also learned a lot about the different fragrances in the air that I haven't been able to identify and also how to tell the difference in the air of a hawk, eagle or buzzard. I love this area so much and want to know as much as possible about life, folklore, stories and history.

I started back working out again after about a two month break. I was a little sore when I woke up Tuesday morning from triceps work and always of course hamstrings. I have been using the driveway and our road to do extra exercise.

After church today, I made a trip to The Fresh Market and I did a little adventure driving by going a different way. It was fun. I also had adventure with a woman who rammed me with her grocery cart several times in the aisles. Wouldn't you know, on the way home that woman who had run into me had run into the back of a car at a light. Got the usual stuff today and then headed home to have lunch. I had a very nice surprise of a phone call from Dena this afternoon. As always it is wonderful to catch up with each other and all the exciting things going on...well, she has the exciting things going on, I have comfortable things and for that I am very thankful.
**********************
Very happy that the Astros swept Cleveland today. First post season sweep in franchise history. So that is good news. LSU didn't fare so well this weekend and hopefully they can bounce back against Georgia.

So, I have had to start wearing a mouth guard at night because I'm a clincher. Being a clincher is hurting my teeth. Of course I did not read the directions and just popped that baby in my mouth before going to sleep...only thing, it had this little handle like thing which I figured was for easy removal. Uh,no. Anyway, I went wore it like that but woke up to the mouth guard being yanked out of my mouth. Scared me but it didn't take but a minute to realize that is was Buddy and she was either playing or she thought she was saving my life. Happened again so I took the thing out of my mouth. The next morning I read the directions and found out that thing is there to help you when the guard is put into hot water to form it more to your teeth, then you cut the thing off. Anyway, my mouth and teeth don't hurt when I wear the guard, so that is good.

It is time for me to fix something for supper. No fall foods tonight but rumor has it, it could be Thursday or Friday and we will finally welcome fall...

No comments: