Wednesday, October 24, 2018

And Now For The Sleepies

Buddy and I have settled in for the evening. She had the yips earlier and it has been a while since she has moved that quickly. The past few evenings she has raced me to the couch upstairs but sometimes my destination is not the couch or at least not the first stop in the jaunt of putting things away.

We survived the quick winter blast over the weekend. All the flowers out in the gardens are pretty much done for now. It is time to make that transition into winter with the trees dormant and the landscape shaded by beige, light brown and other autumnal colors that soon fade as the days go by. It is exciting to have four seasons and to be able to appreciate all the amenities that arrive each season.

When the alarm went off this morning, second and third and fourth thoughts of not going to Bible study entertained me for a few minutes, but this has been such a good study and the discussions insightful along with a few giggles here and there. I'm glad I only entertained those thoughts because we encountered a wonderful session. Afterwards, I decided against doing the Costco run to Spartenburg and instead headed over to Biltmore Park and the Target a little further down the road. October is a wonderful month for book releases. Many southern authors have books released in those months. I came home with a few that I have had my eye on. I also found my devotion Bible for next year. In honor and in the memory of Eugene Peterson, The Message is what I'll be reading and this edition is very creative with room to color and to jot down notes. I considered eating someplace there in Biltmore Park but decided I would make the trip back to Weaverville and try Soba. First the Target run and a quick look see in Old Navy and Pier One.

Soba is really good! Delicious Japanese noodles with veggies and shrimp. I have enough leftover for supper tomorrow. Tastes so good but man, your breath is staggering for a bit.
*****************
The planned  jaunt I had thought about doing today...well, the thought of next week being full of appointments and places I will need to be, kept me at home this morning...although a quick trip is still in mind for this afternoon. Tomorrow the temps drop and Friday holds a lot of rain.

I did make the quick trip to take pictures of the trees I have been photographing the past several weeks. Next week probably most of the leaves will have fallen. Most of the mountains still look green but if there is any color, it pops. On the way home a quick trip to Tractor Supply was successful. They have some of their Christmas stuff displayed but they don't have as many things like they did a few years ago.

This evening while heading to church, once again I noticed how at this time of year the mountains look chiseled against the transitioning sky. There is just so much to notice and to see and sometimes it seems impossible to take it all in. The last of the season hay cutting is happening and there were a lot of tractors clogging up traffic. I hardly ever mind being behind a tractor or a school bus.

Had a message this evening that our SS party is postponed again until sometime in November. We are putting it together with our mission project of hand lotion with bows for the VA here in Asheville. I'm kind of glad for the rescheduling. I get another whole day of not having a schedule. Although with no LSU game on TV, I'll have to watch other teams play.

Well, the sleepies are overtaking me and I think I will surrender.




No comments: