Friday, October 26, 2018

I've Seen Cold and Rain....

Home, after a fun morning and early afternoon. This morning I rolled out of here and made the first stop at The Blue Rooster for lunch. Did the veggie thing and coconut cake to go. Got to see Lora for a few minutes and how the Lord uses us to encourage one another is so refreshing. After lunch I headed over to the Hazelwood area and did a little Christmas shopping, then headed on over to Belk. I had Belk money and a coupon and ended up not buying anything. The Waynesville store has always been a favorite to go to but it was a total mess. It has been that way for a while. Checkouts are littered, no covered with clothes ready to be put out on display. No salespeople to speak of and the lines were long. One shirt kind of got my attention but it was hanging up on the wall, even too high for this tall person to attempt getting one down. The shopping areas are cluttered and messy. Most of the clerks are friendly and nice but there are a few over there in the makeup area that are snots. Glad I don't purchase makeup there. I came home and got on their website but can't find the few things that interested me on it....so sorry Belk, it was a no sale kind of day...the second one that has happened in the few weeks. I considered another drive along the parkway but decided it would be better to get on home.

Rain is in the forecast for later this evening and tomorrow. When I got home this afternoon, I took most of the sunflower heads off their stems and placed them in paper bags. Now to let those seeds settle in for the winter and then they will be ready for planting in the spring and summer.

Cali and Riley were here to meet me upon driving into the garage. They have figured out if they catch me earlier than usual, Camo isn't around to bother them and then eat up all the food. So, they got a few treats and then had their supper fixed for them. I am beginning to think that Cali's kittens didn't make it. They should be about 6 or 7 weeks old and full of energy and curiosity. She spends a lot of time with Riley again...so, I could be wrong and I hope that I am but she doesn't seem like the concerned mama like before. It has almost been a year that these feral ones have become a fixture around here.
**************************
With this rainy day I am enjoying sticking around home...doing things that I love. Last night after studying and meditating on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday, I began writing points and scriptures down last night. We will be looking at the story of Issac and Rebecca. There is a devotional called Stepping Into The Story and while not using anything from that devotional, just the title is so good. Mark Batterson really brings to life when he teaches on his podcasts and videos the importance of really gazing into what is written and not think like oh, yes, this is a story...they went from point A to point B, you need to really investigate and think through the journey of going...and sometimes we don't do that when we hear familiar and well known Bible stories to us.

Cali arrived for breakfast when called. With it being cold and rainy, their food is placed underneath a spot that is somewhat dry. Buddy, after being moved several times off my lap when I got up to refill my coffee cup, headed to the bedroom where she once again is using the blanket at the end of our bed to take naps. In the cooler weather she has stayed right by my side at night. We are warm at night with flannel sheets and several blankets and a big comforter is we need it. The ceiling fan is set for winter...so we are all set here.

Today, once again to my delight, is a flannel shirt, jeans and boot kind of day. Oh happy days. If the showers let up this afternoon I might go to the Post Office. Have a couple of things to get into the mail but if not...there is always tomorrow....or Monday.

Yes, I made it to the post office and grocery store. It had stopped raining but began once hitting the road. On the way home I listened to Kurt Kiser from way, way back in the day. I mainly remember him for youth musicals that were all the rage my junior and senior year of high school. .He partnered with Ralph Carmichael. It was an instrumental selection and although the songs on the album were more from the late 80's and early 90's but his musical touch made the music that took me back to the 70's. Of course when thinking on the 70's my acceptance to go to Baylor but not being able to go somehow always makes the top ten memories from that era. I used to have a dream about Baylor once a quarter in the year, some were poignant dreams and others downright hilarious and very stupid. Then being an Alumni By Choice (ABC) in February of 2014, didn't bring closure but brought everything from that dream like state of what life would have been like if only I had gone to Baylor. But the reality that the Baylor experiment would have probably only lasted a year if I had actually been able to go. ABC made me come to terms with that. Going to Baylor seemed idealistic in light of the truth that my father would have made it the most miserable year. With that discovery or acknowledgement I stopped having Baylor dreams...until the other night. First Baylor dream where I am who I am right now and at Baylor for a fundraising. If that isn't an adult dream...fundraising. I had totally forgotten about that dream until today in Mustang Sam listening to Kurt Kiser, the Chris Tomlin of the 70's.

That is all for now...




No comments: