Monday, October 14, 2019

Spanning the Week

Nothing like a little unknown to begin a day. I had an email from Roy letting me know the alarm had gone off in the night...well, I forgot to set the alarm last night so.... I checked the app and I also had a text from the alarm monitoring company but nothing about an alarm. So as I am trying to find information on what all this means the distinct scent of something burning hits me like a brick. Panicked somewhat by the alarm news I try to hunt out the source of the aroma...all the while in my pajamas. Thankfully, it wasn't anything here at the house but across the road where tree debris is being burned...which I thought there was a burn ban but I guess since we have had some rain that  ban might have been lifted.

Early last week I thought I saw a cow in the dormant pastureland right across from us. Then a day or so later it seemed there was another cow and yesterday a herd was confirmed. Not as numerous as in the past but at least ten cows and one baby calf. That is such good news that for now it doesn't look as if that land will be developed for houses. Across from the pasture where the burning is happening, that looks like it might be making ready for development. I sure hope not but the good thing is if it is developed it isn't front and center from the front porch view.

The little family of three is enjoying the cat house and I haven't even plugged it in for warmth yet. Strawyer and Mr McBeavy spend the most time in it but Punky got some house time late yesterday afternoon. I turned the house diagonally to be able to see the front entrance a little better.
***********
Well, there has been a change...make that a family of seven. This morning after Nathan and Andrew finished laying the pine needles, trimming and cutting down the nearly dead plum tree, Punky and Mr McBeavy brought down two kittens from up near the tree stumps. Two black and white kittens and then I saw there was what looked like a gray and white kitten with another black and white one. Punky was putting them in the new house for the cats thus displacing Strawyer who was none too happy about their presence. Mr McBeavy, he has been playing with them and keeping them close at hand. Punky finally brought down the other two. I was planning on leaving but there has been a change of plans on that...more in the next paragraph. Anyway, I went out there to give some treats and Punky didn't seem to care that I was walking amongst her kittens. I hope she is trusting me but after yesterday's mishap, I didn't know if all trust was gone...yet you'll find out in another paragraph.

Punky accidentally got stuck in the garage for several hours. Because of her kittens being alone for those hours, she was frantic in the garage. So a frantic feral means I had some cleaning up to do. She had knocked down food and bowls, things on shelves. She also left a nice chunk of hair on the sticky fly catcher. As I began cleanup her little meow came from behind a few things. She was where Riley would sleep. Punky left in a scurry hurry to check on her fam. She left me with a very stinky garage. Nervous ferals fart a lot I've learned, Riley stunk up the vet office on her visit there.

When I started up the Mustang, the front panel where the speedometer and other instruments was a blank screen. Thought maybe I had hit a button or something. I turned off the car and began looking at Google to see if it wasn't serious and wouldn't have to call the dealer. Well, it is serious and there was a recall on these panels but we never got notice. After spending a whole lot of time on hold I was finally able to schedule an appointment for October 22nd.
**********************
Good Monday, yes it has been a while and Buddy is making this more difficult by stretching out in front of the lap top. We might be situated now. The morning temp is 42. A brisk morning for sure. Buddy has been out on the front porch and soon returned inside. I wore flannel for the first time, well outside of home, last night. Hopefully we have made that all important turn into the fall season.

Since the last post my attitude has adjusted about the far out date of October 22nd for Mustang Sam to get into the repair shop. I think I was having a very horrible, not so fun day last Thursday. My attitude was not in a good place. The pace of life is slower here and I need to remember that in the good and in the annoying.

There is kitten news but I think I will make that a separate post.

I am so thankful for our Sunday School class, the Joy Class. Yesterday, we had yet another lesson on idolatry. It's not that I don't think we don't have idols in our lives that need to be gotten rid of, but we have had so many lessons this year on idolatry and rebellion. I studied and prepared but felt like the lesson wasn't good. It was in  2 Kings 17 when the Assyrians defeat Israel and take them into captivity. Three friends encouraged me yesterday after the lesson and those words came at the right times cause I was beating myself up on the inside. I do love the studying during the week for the lessons and I love our class. We are a praying class, a generous class, a laughing class and a noisy class who loves the Lord.

No comments: