Monday, October 7, 2019

.


What a beautiful cool Monday morning and the afternoon holds hope of rain. I survived teaching Hosea and the rest of the security cameras will be installed today.

The following is from a blog post I didn't publish last week and most all of it contains old and no news but the following paragraphs are just for catch up.

****We studied Jonah yesterday in Sunday School and this Sunday we will look at Hosea. Now, that is going to be the opposite from yesterday. Jonah, so familiar to us that we can overlook the multi layers to this book of the Bible but coming this Sunday, I don't think I have ever taught Hosea nor can I remember ever hearing anyone teach from it except maybe a snippet here and there. So truly, Hosea is a minor prophet... Last Wednesday when we had a new security system installed, God arranged...which is a major theme of Jonah, for the two techs doing the installation would be believers. I was outside when they pulled in the driveway and from the car came the sound of someone preaching or teaching...After frying and freezing apples I told Chris if they needed me I would be upstairs studying my Sunday School lesson. He asked what is it on and I replied Jonah. Well....how wonderful, he and Colin were listening to Greg Laurie in the car who just happened to be teaching on Jonah. So I Googled him up and read some of his Jonah notes and that my friends, turned the direction of how I studied. A great side story to this, Chris asked some questions about the book of Jonah, like he was seeing if I really was studying Jonah for the lesson on Sunday. Answered all his questions satisfactorily.

Last week held success in finally getting out some fall decor. Usually, I am on this by Labor Day but it took a little longer than usual this year. I bought some pumpkins from one of the favorite produce stands and have those outside on the front deck. I did a Johnson City trip last week which included both Amish stores. The new one was out of French burnt peanuts, so you know me and back road drives...it didn't take much for me to decide to go to the old store and they had some. Also tried a blood orange sparkling water they carry and yes, it is the bomb diggity. Not acidic like so many sparkling waters.****

On Friday my cousin David called. I don't think David has ever called and we haven't been in touch for years. He and Jan would be in the area and wanted to know if I would like to meet them for lunch on Sunday. Yes, of course, how fun! We had a good time of catching up and remembering. Dave and Jan travel quite a bit with car shows and racing. Not a bad retirement at all and when they aren't pulling trailers for their racing, they are touring about on their trike...a beautiful three wheeler motorcycle. We decided to go to The Farmer's Daughter in Chucky TN for lunch, southern comfort food and we had the opportunity to see if the leafs are changing...the leafs are still rather green with a slight touch of yellow and very few reds.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, outdoor and nature

In preparation for the cooler temps I made taco soup. Gave some to Brenda and today I will get some into the freezer for colder days. I also fried up some apples so the kitchen was busier than normal. I have also watched more TV than normal with the Astros in the playoffs and LSU playing Utah State on Saturday. On Saturday night I happily went to bed knowing the Astros were up 1-0 and I am happy that they won the game. The ninth inning would have made me too nervous and would have had a difficult time going to sleep. I might have to head over to a local restaurant today to see the Astros since we don't get the MLB channel.

Yesterday, we studied Hosea in Sunday School. I was challenged all week preparing for the lesson. I am so thankful for two books that helped me get it all straightened out in my head and heart and on paper. We mainly looked at God's part in the story but we also spent time looking at Gomer's perspective and it was rather insightful and probably nothing you will ever hear from a pulpit. I had shared with Roy what I had found and he said, that is so interesting, I would go with that but if you were teaching men, I'd say, go the standard way. I reminded him if I was teaching men I wouldn't be in a Baptist church. Roy, the class and I got a good chuckle over that. I also have to write that I teach the most loving and supportive class. They are all such encouragers. Good thing I looked ahead at this week's lesson, which is on idolatry for the millionth time this year, cause the lesson could have gone that way...but it is all saved up for this week.

Collin, with Asheville Security helped, please read mostly did all the work in the set up, me put up the canopy that promised it was a pop up, no problem...I am always taken in by these descriptions. Ha! Anyway, we got the canopy for the little feral fam, I put in the stakes and put together the cat house. So far Strawyer is the only cat that has gone in but I hold onto hope that Punky and Mr McBeavy will go in.






No comments: