Monday, October 21, 2019

Beginning and Starting

The look is winterish, the feel fallish, this with the foggy beginning of the day...really, the fog began last night, make for a wonderful stay at home day. Parts of the drive home from choir last night were rather foggy and difficult to maneuver. The fog has burned off and with our cooler temps beginning last week the leaf turning has sped up a bit. There is some loss of leaves from the heat from earlier last week and the wind we've encountered the past few days.

Fed the cats early this morning, well early for me. Punky was there to greet, Mama Cat was there to hiss and Mr McBeavy was fashionably late. Strawyer in the past few weeks has been a late arriver to  breakfast but because I like him so much, I'll open the kitchen back up to feed him. Punky and the Mr will finagle him out of his portion though. Mr McBeavy has a tried and true tactic, loving greeting by a rubbing of his head against Straw and then the Mr pushes Strawyer away from the bowl with all that head rubbing...all in the course of a cat hug. An unusual thing happened Saturday morning with Mama Cat. For those keeping a dance card, Mama Cat is the original cat to this brood. Two years ago in November, she brought her three kittens without their mittens, under the big fir tree on the gravel road. Since then we haven't seen another kitten from her, that is until Saturday. She brought with her two older kittens, one black and white and the other a solid gray kitten that is the spitting image of the gray cat that hangs around here from time to time. She let them come eat and play under the fir tree which had Mr McBeavy's full attention. She has not brought them back nor have they found their own way back. She and Camo only let a few of their litters survive. They are rather hard hearted in their treatment toward their kittens. Punky has a fit if Mama Cat gets too close to hers and then will chase Mama or rather Grand Mama back up to the wilderness of the gravel road. The kittens are about five weeks old and they mainly have stayed under the house or around the safety of the covered grill. Sometimes in the early evening they play on the porch steps with Mr McBeavy keeping a close eye on them and he also plays with them. He is a good cat.

I haven't ever had any kind of reaction to the flu shot that is until this year. The horrible headache, my eyes filled with pain, muscle aches and a bit of a rash usually says allergic reaction. At first the thought of aneurysm scared me but I Googled It Up and found the flu shot side effects. The next morning the effects lingered a bit but by the afternoon I was beginning to feel normal...or as normal as this one can feel.

Saturday was a full on sports day beginning in the afternoon. I had studied all week for the lesson on Sunday but hadn't written anything down. So, that was the first order of Saturday business. The kind folks at Lifeway gave us a reprieve of sorts. For weeks we have studied the rebellious Israelites and their practice of idolatry starting in the way back, early days to the divided kingdom days. Sunday the lesson was on Isiah 53, the suffering servant...Jesus. As a class yesterday we all welcomed the break and the lesson is a segway to some of the good kings of Judah. So, I was ready for LSU football at 3:30. They were victorious and beat Mississippi State. After that game I was able to see the end of the Baylor game against Oklahoma State and they too were victorious and stay unbeaten...Sic 'em Bears! Between the Baylor game and the Astros game which started at 8:08 pm, I reviewed the lesson, did stuff around here and got a tad bit of recreational reading in. I have to confess with the Astro game, I went to bed when the Yankees tied it up. You know I had to make the decision to be at least awake while teaching or totally invest in the game and be lethargic Sunday morning. Most times when the Astros are tied in the 9th it can go into extra innings. I would also like to add the best things happen to the Astros when I am not watching, so really, I did my part to help them. I woke up a couple of times in the night but wouldn't look at my phone to see the final score cause if they won or lost, it would wake me up and make falling back to sleep difficult. It was pure joy when I got up Sunday morning to find out the Astros were heading to the World Series and then seeing how it happened...more joy.

Friday morning the temp was 33 degrees when I woke up. I had given some thought going to the October Festival at the Amish store but the 33 discouraged that decision. Later in the morning when the temps began to rise I decided to stop  by the festival and find the three vendors I have bought from in the past few years. Arriving at the end of lunch time and at the beginning time when moms leave to be home or to pick up their kids was an optimum time. Found the vendors, bought a few things and headed on down the road toward Johnson City. Had a late lunch at Carraba's and made a last stop at the Barnes and Noble before heading back home.

Tomorrow, I will finally be able to get Mustang Sam into the dealership for the digital dash panel that has gone blank. Info isn't registering on the Ford Pass, so it must be more than a fuse. I will hook up Waze to the car cause the middle panel still works to know how fast I am going. Avoiding Woodfin for sure cause that is just a speed trap waiting. 

No comments: