Saturday, November 2, 2019

These Have Been Short Fall Days and Winter is Upon Us

It is one of those misty, overcast days here in the mountains. Right now it only looks like it is cold but if the forecasts hold true it will be a lot chillier this evening. The leafs are gently letting go and falling to the ground. The vibrant colors are muted after the rain yesterday and will be even more affected if the rain holds through during the day. On Monday and Tuesday of this week I went out and looked at the autumn pallet. On the Parkway the lower elevations still had the brilliance of fall but the coloring changed once I got above 3500 feet. Lots of dormant trees in the midst of the remaining embellishment of autumn. The Parkway drive was just to the highest point and then turning around and going back toward Waynesville and a late lunch at Blue Rooster.

Well, the Astros lost game seven last night. In my professional sports opinion, when they didn't take game 6 at home, I felt pretty sure the Nationals would win the World Series but I held out hope. I even did my part by not really watching because their wins came when I did my part of only keeping up on Twitter. Even with all the success of the season and the eventual individual awards that will come their way, it looked like there was some struggle with the mindset of being the favored to win team. So many of the comments by Nat fans sounded like Astro fans of 2017. The Dodgers get all the calls, MLB doesn't want the Astros to win...It was odd reading fan opinions and thinking wait, no, we are supposed to be saying those kinds of things.

This week our Sunday School lesson is in Jeremiah. Last week we were back in 2 Chronicles studying King Josiah. Our lesson is on the new covenant written about in Jeremiah...only Ezekiel 36 is the other portion in the OT that touches on this subject. Poor Jeremiah, he wasn't liked, he suffered as he warned the people but he got to announce this great good news from the Lord. As usual on Sunday afternoon just looking at the scripture for the coming week's lesson, the thought of, I don't even know how I am going to approach the lesson much less teach it. took up temporary residence in my thoughts but God is faithful and today I am so enthused about what I have learned and the truths of God's Word that have encouraged me this week.

Punky's kiddos are getting out and about the yard. She has kept this litter under wraps to the elements but she let me know about them early on. Sometimes I get to pet them a little. Strawyer has started rubbing up against my legs which truthfully, I never thought he would. Punky has been doing that for a bit as well as giving me a nose greeting to the back of my hand in the mornings. My, my...what cats will do for food. Mr McBeavy is so helpful with the kittens, playing, scruffing them from danger and watching over their wanderings. Mama Cat still hisses her morning greetings at the delivery of breakfast and Camo hasn't been around in a while.

It seems to take several days or even weeks to post these days so I'll finish up this post and hopefully begin a new one soon. No LSU football this weekend, Astros are finished with their season and Baylor won on Thursday night and the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow just needs some fine tuning.

No comments: