Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Part 2 And Other Stories

If I don't do anything else today I have already accomplished much...and that is the truth with getting the trash can down to the road. I did that yesterday but realized last night there was more trash that needed to be taken down there. Only it was the dark of night and cars with trucks passing in too much of a hurry as well as night time creatures that could scare me. Early this morning the rest of the trash and recyclables made it before the truck came by. I also got the birds fed and the kiddos taken care of. Buddy was happy for some extended lap time although we had a semi rough night where only sitting in the recliner on my lap made her happy. The recliner is good for twenty minute naps but nothing long term in sleeps. I carried her upstairs and she spent a good portion of the rest of the night there. She doesn't act like she feels too good and isn't eating her normal amounts of food. We have an appointment at the vets this week for her steroids and mani pedi.

Last week I wrote about the two big dogs and the related death of one of the kitties. On Friday I dealt with not feeling good at all. It was one of those at least I brushed my teeth and getting dressed days being just about any grooming for the day. Toward noon, I had gone into the garage to get some treats for the kitties and as I opened the back door, those two big dogs were heading for the gravel road and I said in my best old lady voice, " get out of here!" I texted my neighbor Nancy to let her know that those dogs might be hanging out in her ravine and to warn her cause her kids play down there a lot. She got in her truck and went down the road looking for those dogs. I caught her on her way out.  No sight of them. I had sent her a video of the dogs running from my driveway into our backyard. We made plans to notify different neighborhood groups we belong to and said goodbye. I came upstairs but soon heard a knock at the door. It was Nancy and she had the two dogs in her backseat. They were sitting by our mailboxes. She has worked with animals and said every sign pointed to these dogs being dumped out here in the country. Nancy went back up to her house and got her daughter, they took the dogs to an animal shelter. Two big dogs, a German shepherd and a German shepherd, collie mix. The cats are still on edge and on point for danger. The kiddos play near the cleft of the rock just in case the danger alert is sent. Punky and the gang are keeping Mama Cat at bay. There's a whole lot of hissing going on. Strawyer is back on the scene and can mostly be found hanging out on one of the rockers on the front deck. He doesn't seem too keen to the kittens.

We have returned to seasonal temps but that cold blast stole the remaining life out of the flowers still blooming. The late blooming sunflower is interesting. It is hanging in there although the beauty has long gone there seems to be a steadfastness to the fact that it is still standing. Flower head bowed down. Our lesson yesterday was the first half of Psalm 84 and we will finish up next Sunday. Love the study of the sparrow and the swallow in that passage, sparrow insignificant and swallow. That can encapsulate me so many times. Still restless but not as much as I used to be. We can be as restless as we want, going from thing to thing, more adventures, not settled and finding rest in God makes all those things, adventures and unsettled pale in comparison to what we find in the Lord. We left off with pilgrimage...those whose hearts are set on pilgrimage and I think this is the first time I noticed the heart set part. I am not a good traveler. I admit it and know I am a total pain yet I love to read travel books and love travel accessories. It's good to know that just my heart has to be set on pilgrimage.
***********************
Last evening Strawyer came onto the back porch. Now, normally that would be a good start but with the schedule we have coming up, the timing is wrong. He was scared and I thought he might try tearing at the screen. Fortunately, our neighbor was taking stuff to their compost pile and she was able to help me get him to the great outdoors. Buddy has a vet appointment this afternoon for her shot and mani pedi. I do not look forward to giving her meds so that she might be a little calmer. She has me a little worried because her good appetite has disappeared for the last two days. She ate up her treats from yesterday that I left out for her sometime in the night. She ate a few treats this morning.

I am thrilled to have won the Merry Christmas Darling challenge this year. CourtneyS has won the past five years. I almost missed the win because the radio was turned down and I saw on the dashboard MCD. Snapped a pic and called to sing the mournful last few refrains to CourtneyS. She has been hearing it and me as well from a Herb Alpert recording. It was fun talking with her for a few and I lost her on a country road. The trip to Madison County was futile because the Tupperware lady forgot to give her daughter who works at the health center the cake carrier I ordered. We shall try again later in the week.


No comments: