Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Little Snow And A Lot Of Cold

We are in the midst of our first snowfall. It's not much and I have taken a few pics but nothing spectacular. The ground isn't covered and only a few patches of accumulated snow are found here and there in the yard. The kitties have their heated houses and they are in and out. Guess they are getting their paws warm and then bound out to play.

I am still on Cloud 9 from our class luncheon yesterday. We had such a good time and such delicious food at The Blue Rooster. Hopefully, our rambunctious spirits didn't ruin too many of their other customers meals. We missed Jennell and Gwen but we will have to do this again. We caravaned over the mountain and all arrived safely. After lunch Brenda, Lois and I made a quick trip to Barbers Orchard and then a brief shopping stop in the Hazelwood area. The weather cooperated with temps in the 60s but we could feel the coolness creeping in all afternoon. With the cold a coming, after dropping them off at the church I filled up the truck while the temps were bearable.

After an eight year drought, LSU finally beat Alabama. It was a good game, kept you on the edge of your seat no matter what team you rooted for. When they won, I cried tears of joy.

Our lesson on Sunday was a one and done look at Habakkuk. There is so much to that book in just those three chapters and I wished we had more Sundays to study. On Friday I dropped something off at the church office and learned that we don't necessarily have to use Lifeway material. I am looking at Explore the Bible and a few other things. We have studied rebellion and idolatry so much this year, and yes, we all have those enter into our lives now and then but it is difficult to keep teaching the same theme and try to have a different type of lesson each time. This Sunday is all about rebellion once again, but I am leaning toward being rebellious and teaching on something else.

We had another small, little snow shower and now as the temps drop we keep vigilant on the backside flow that could bring back the snow. I am not too sure how that works but all the meteorologists talk about it up here.

I was saddened to learn on Sunday night the passing of Anthony Martin. We've known he and Mary from long ago softball days. He was always so fun, full of encouragement and you knew he loved his family. After reading so many of the comments on Facebook, he was beloved in his sphere of the business community. He was playing baseball in the senior league world series, he hit a double and was on second base when he collapsed.

With the cold weather I am keeping an eye on the kitties. I have fed them several times today to help them have the calories needed to help them keep warm. I have the kitty houses heated up for them. Strawyer finally showed up this morning and I also got a head count of the kittens. I kind of have names for them, at least for two of them. I'm thinking there are two males and two females but it is so difficult to determine between those black and white kittens...so it could be three males and a female. Anyway, the one female who I have named Edee because she eats all the time, every time and can almost out eat Strawyer, which is saying something.

No comments: